DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

In a massive mess with my car. Please help

Posted by bobo-196934 - Created: 7 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by A Breath of Fresh Air - 7 years ago

In my experience, just talking and being honest works the best.  Don't worry about excuses, just tell everyone you want to sort the problem out. 

Louisa

Sorry no image available
Posted by bobo-196934 - 7 years ago

Thanks again for the responses.  

Nissalabella, will the Police not ask for my CT?

Sealamb, as my last resort I guess I will have to go to the Prefecture - have had such bad experiences with this in the past (hours waiting) which is why I wanted to do it online....just hope that they don't ask for the CT.

So kind of you both to take the time to write to me.   Thank you!

Sorry no image available
Posted by nissalabella - 7 years ago

How about if you declare to either the Police Nationale or the Gendarmerie - depending on where you live - that you - BY ACCIDENT - destroyed your carte grise and would like to have a replacement for it.  You can always say that, in order to avoid any problems re important papers - you systematically copy all of your documents - passport, etc - so that, in case of problem, you have all the elements to have them re-issued?   I suggest not to say that you lost your carte grise cause you'll have to wait for a month before being allowed to ask for a duplicate.  But if the document has been "destroyed" by error, then everything can be processed promptly! 

What do you think?  I've done it in the past for my driving license, and with the report from the police I could go to Grasse to have another one issued.

Wish you all the best,

N.

Sorry no image available
Posted by sealamb - 7 years ago

Hi Bobo,

Last year I had the same problem and sorted it fairly easy, but had to go to the prefecture in grass in my case just filled in a form paid a cheque and  they then send a registered letter with your carte grise.

they did not asked for an up todate c. t

Good luck

Lamb

Sorry no image available
Posted by bobo-196934 - 7 years ago

Thank you for your reply Nissalabella.  Yes, my French is good and this is the site I've been on - the problem lies with my "catch 22" situation - no carte gris, no controle technique......no controle technique, no carte gris.  I have neither!!!  What a mess I've gotten myself into !!  Thank you for taking your time to respond

If anyone else can advise I would be very grateful.

Bobo x

Sorry no image available
Posted by nissalabella - 7 years ago

Hi, below the official site dealing with carte grise and how to obtain a new one if the original is lost/destroyed - your case.  Hope you can read the French and therefore solve you problem quickly.

N.

http://vosdroits.service-public.fr/F1726.xhtml