DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Insurance for Motor bike

Posted by CRB-226396 - Created: 6 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by CRB-226396 - 6 years ago

Thank you!

Sorry no image available
Posted by ChB-184121 - 6 years ago

correct, you don't need a CT for a french reg bike. for your uk reg bike to be legal here in France it would have to be legal to drive in the UK so it needs a UK MoT. if you get stopped and you have french insurance, it will not be a problem, they (the police) will accept the certificate you have and maybe if you have a small claim the company will pay out, but if you have a bad prang and, say, damage someone for life, they will be able to say that your bike was not legally on the road and so YOU will be liable for the claim. Ask any broker and they will say it is ok, they will take your premium money so get their commission on it, but if you have a big claim, do not expect any help! There are many people here - hundreds if not thousands - who have been driving around on UK plates without a MoT for years (I am one of them) content to be able to produce an insurance certificate to show the police if stopped but hoping they never have claim.

Sorry no image available
Posted by CRB-226396 - 6 years ago

Thank you, but it's my understanding that motor bikes do not need a CT as of yet in France.

Sorry no image available
Posted by webber-231578 - 6 years ago

axa insurance in Nice, speak to jackie, they have done mine for three years. You will need to get a CT done.