DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Insuring Irish Registered Car?

Posted by carolineailbe-311440 - Created: 6 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by carolineailbe-311440 - 6 years ago

I'd never get behind the wheel of a car without insurance, I'll leave the car in Ireland if I can't find an Irish company to insure me in France. So that's the reason I'm hoping to find 6 months insurance through an Irish carrier, if possible -- so I don't have to leave the car behind. Thanks.

Sorry no image available
Posted by metwo - 6 years ago

"Thanks for the information. It looks like ecars only covers UK, not Ireland. And I don't want to switch to a French insurer because then I'd have to pay a full year's premium, when I only need 6 months of cover. Unlike other countries I've lived in, France doesn't allow you to cancel an insurance policy during the policy year, and refund the unearned premium! Thanks again, Caroline"
At least you'd be insured!!!???

Sorry no image available
Posted by carolineailbe-311440 - 6 years ago

Hi -- Thanks for the information. It looks like ecars only covers UK, not Ireland. And I don't want to switch to a French insurer because then I'd have to pay a full year's premium, when I only need 6 months of cover. Unlike other countries I've lived in, France doesn't allow you to cancel an insurance policy during the policy year, and refund the unearned premium! Thanks again, Caroline

Sorry no image available
Posted by metwo - 6 years ago

Do ECAR.com cover ireland? They offer 365 days of eu cover as standard??
Other wise I used GENERALI here in france to insure my UK registered car - I needed a control technique thats all

Good luck