DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Locksmith for Car .

Posted by Zulu-) - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Zulu-) - 5 years ago

Hi, I am just oupside Grasse. Thankyou but they do remotes for gates etc but not vehicles. I have had no luck at all so far , everyone I ask and places I go I just keep striking out, all there is so far is the dealer. I will keep looking but I think it is too advanced for here. Every town in the UK has at least one locksmith that does it, it's the norm ! Here a different story. I wish I could be proved wrong but so far every avenue I try just proves this place is backward !!! .. Please someone prove me wrong 

Sorry no image available
Posted by eurokiné-187861 - 5 years ago

I saw in a key cutting/shoe repair place on rue meissonier in Antibes that they advertised remote controle key stuff but I dont know if that includes the programming or just the cutting as I dont personnally understand how individual to the make of car the programmation is ( ie do all renaults use the same system etc)

any how you could always try if it s not too far out of you way, as you didnt say where you were located

Sorry no image available
Posted by Zulu-) - 5 years ago

Yes I have tried a key place they can cut the key but cannot programme it. In the UK most good locksmiths also do cars, so I can only assume there must be some here as well or is it that far behind the times.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fashion1 - 5 years ago

have you thought of going to a key place? there are many and it is your only option other than the dealer.