Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.


MOT expired on UK plated car can I get a Controle Technique?

Posted by Hudson1922-201544 - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

2 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 2)

Sorry no image available
Posted by falkner-307932 - 4 years ago

You may have to change the lights to get the CT but once achieved the process of registration etc is quite easy.

Sorry no image available
Posted by laughingboy-409220 - 4 years ago

If the car is staying in France you need to put it onto French plates to make it legal.

A UK car kept in France permanently is not legal in France, and a UK reg car with no MOT and therefore no road tax either cos you can't get road tax without an MOT, is not legal anywhere. To answer your question yes you can get a ct but it will be a waste of money because it will not make your car legal.

If it is an ordinary make and model, transferring to French plates is not expensive or complicated to do.