DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Puissance ?

Posted by dilys-191303 - Created: 13 years ago
0 0

What is the "puissance" - power - of a 16 valve, 1242cc Ford Fiesta please. My employer needs to know in order to calculate my frais de déplacement. However, on mt Controle echinique certificate, the mechanic has written 0CV in the Puiss. box because the UK log book made little sense to him.

Thank you friends

dilys

Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by dilys-191303 - 13 years ago

Thanks Mike - I'll call a Ford dealer as per your advice.

dilys

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikeP-180526 - 13 years ago

7cv is a guess.  I'd be surprised if it was not between 5 and 9, more likely top end, but a Ford dealer should be able to tell you exactly. I don't know enough about it to be more accurate and I certainly don't intend to wade through that formula!

Sorry no image available
Posted by dilys-191303 - 13 years ago

Thank you all - yes MikeP it is registered in the UK and I will keep it that way because I'll get a company car in a few months, and will then sell the english car.

But phew! - I looked at that formula link and needed a glass or two.

The model of my car as stated on the log book is a Fiesta Flight 5-door saloon, registered 1997, petrol, manual, 16 valve, 1242cc.

Does a puissance of 7CV still sound about right?

dilys

Sorry no image available

I suspect from the wording of the post that the car is UK registered and therefore will not be on a French policy. The fiscal cv is unique to France and will therefore not appear.

Sorry no image available
Posted by M3 Cabrio - 13 years ago

Look at your insurance policy. It should be written there

Sorry no image available

There is a formula to work it out based on the swept volume of the cylinders and the gear ratios.   It's rather complex.

http://www.mopar-owners-club.com/teknik/power.html

You'll probably find for a car like that is is about 7cv.  The fiscal hp really has nothing to do with the actual power. 

The easiest solution would be to go to a Ford dealer and they'll tell you.

Sorry no image available
Posted by legend_in_my_lunchtime-182603 - 13 years ago

It can be calculated.  In addition to what you have provided, one would need to know the following;

What precise model (e.g. XR2i, Ghia or whatever)?

the Year of registration?

Petrol/Diesel?

Manual/Auto?

3 door/5 door?