DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Replacing smashed back window

Posted by citic-213768 - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by citic-213768 - 5 years ago

Thanks for your answers , my insurance is 3rd parts fire and theft so my insurance want cover it and my car is a  ex french telecom so it looks like its going to be a multi couloured back end !

Sorry no image available
Posted by raspberry-657030 - 5 years ago

Hi, just had exactly the same problem with my elderly Peugeot 306, my fault entirely though as I'd overloaded the boot, shut the tailgate firmly and managed to shatter the rear screen completely!

Without doubt, far cheaper to replace the entire tailgate with glass if you don't want to affect your insurance. I was quoted over 700e by a well known windscreen replacement company, just to come out and replace the glass - probably more than the car is worth! instead, I found an exact match on ebay uk for just £25, which even adding the postage will probably work out cheaaper than anything here, breakers or not! There was another UK breakers who offered international delivery too. Alternatively, source one yourself from your local breakers or try 'Le Bon Coin' or Ebay France;

Good luck!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fashion1 - 5 years ago

How about calling another junk yard and asking for the price. Normally this is covered by your insurance, but expect a rate raise next time it is up for renewal. And yes, there is a company that will come to your house and replace it (it is illegal to do any work on a public street) so sounds like you have to take it there. It is a world-wide company. Have a look in the yellow pages..