DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Second hand cars

Posted by jforge - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by citic-213768 - 5 years ago

i just cant understand why a second hand car costs so much here , Renault etc are churning out millions per year , it seems better value to buy new than second hand 

Sorry no image available
Posted by apsona-182034 - 5 years ago

also loads of LHD suppliers in the UK, lhdplace, heathrowlhdcars, cheshamlhd, 911944, pistonheads and of course an LHD search on Ebay and Auto Trader. Just get the RAC/AA to do an inspection on it before you buy ...

Sorry no image available
Posted by apsona-182034 - 5 years ago

Get it from Germany where it's cheaper, high spec and lovingly cared for! See the  other thread on this  at http://riviera.angloinfo.com/forum/viewtopic/226613/0/german-car-search-and-import-service-experience

I can recommend this guy.

Paul

Sorry no image available
Posted by Collie-201216 - 5 years ago

If you can handle the french language try here.. it seems to be 'the' place. 

http://www.lacentrale.fr/

If I were you, I would just get the recent model and have it painted the colour you want. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by JustinJ-301470 - 5 years ago

Respectfully I suggest looking outside of France!

Second hand car prices here are absolutely ridiculous!!!!  In the last week I purchased an Audi from the UK and the exact same make and model but with higher milage/KM is advertised on this site  for 4.500 euros more!!!!  Admittedly LHD but come on  that is almost double the cost.

If you are comfortable with a RHD car it is a no brainer to buy one in the UK. Even with the costs incurred getting it here you will save thousands.

DFDS ferries from Dover are extremely well priced for your crossing and although it may take 3-5 hours longer if you GPS no toll roads you can avoid peage on the highway and see some stunning countryside on your journey.

There are insurers here who will happily work with you on UK plates. Not sure I can mention company names in a post but ' someone who Axes" is an  A_A?  get the idea. find them on this site.

I know people happy to do the drive on your behalf also if needs be for a lot less than you would imagine. (Around 250) euros.

Hope that helps.

Sorry no image available
Posted by laughingboy-409220 - 5 years ago