DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Self drive van from UK to France

Posted by Roligan-235881 - Created: 10 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Limo Man - 10 years ago

Hi Roligan,

See if you can get a second driver, one that lives in the UK, to travel with you.

They can then return the van for you!

Roger.

Roger J.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Hegjez-219340 - 10 years ago

You could put a posting up here on Angloinfo to see whether anyone from the Cote D'Azur is using a van to take stuff to the UK that is then returning empty. I have seen few postings like this......just a thought!

Sorry no image available
Posted by arabella Trystram - 10 years ago

HiWe didn't get one way, we had to take the van back! From what I have been told from the companies I gave you, it is more expensive to take one way hire from them than both ways. Then you have the additional problem of getting your things to Calais to do the one way. I have learnt a very hard lesson, I may have saved a bit of money but we spent a lot of time getting it done (18 hrs one way to be precise, from the Midlands to Nice!) If I could do it again I would get my things consolidated with other loads. I hope this helps?!Arabella

Sorry no image available
Posted by Roligan-235881 - 10 years ago

Hi Arabella, I haven't found any and it also seems as if it is uneconomical to self-drive compared to have it consolidated with other loads. J Roligan

Sorry no image available
Posted by arabella Trystram - 10 years ago

HiI drove a van from the UK to France and enquired about 'one way' vans. To my knowledge there aren't any companies that offer one way - only 'one way' in the same country. Try the following companies in France:Sixt * we used this company, it was the most economical at the time.HertzEuropcarAvisArabella