DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Space for learning how to drive

Posted by Dia dhuit - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by sherlock 06600 - 5 years ago

Just another bit of information. The M. I. N; ( Marché International ) has it's own security partols, cctv and regular police patrols;

Not a good idea !

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dia dhuit - 5 years ago

Well Thank you all ! I am wiser now ;-) when i was young I drove on a desserted beach with my Dad , That was over 30 years ago. things were different then! I will look into an other way.

Thanks again.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Lescypres-873147 - 5 years ago

If he is a learner driver using the conduite accompagnee system then he can drive with you, however I  know that car parks are private property, so be ware!

Sorry no image available
Posted by nissalabella - 5 years ago

Hey guys, Dia Dhuit, I thought your son was on the programme "conduite accompagnée"?  If it's the case and if you are the adult named to be next to him in the car I don't see any problem at all in driving in Cap 3000 parking or anywhere else.  Otherwise, yes, you may get into trouble.

N.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Squeaky-882728 - 5 years ago

I mean if you go in cap3000 or in the wholesale market in Nice there is no risk with the police as carpark are private and the only person who can create you troubles would be the landlord of those places. But obviously as at least 10 parents are doing that every sunday there is no risk at all.

Charlie - it is ILLEGAL for anyone without a valid driving licence to drive anywhere outside of your own premises and it is a fact that car parks are public places where only people with driving licences are allowed to drive. It would NOT be the landlord you would be in trouble with, it would be the police.  My son was driving a mate's car on a huge supermarket car park which was closed and the CCTV picked it up and the owner of the vehicle was questioned ... my son's mate said he was driving and they let it go but don't count on it. I dread to think what speed he was doing and just thankful that neither he nor anyone else was injured or caused any damage.

We all know it goes on but I think it's irresponsible for any adult to allow their adolescents to drive illegally, no matter where it is.

Sorry no image available

Im sorry Charlie,  but regardless of how many other people may take the risk I can assure you that this is illegal. Don't do it.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Charlie670 - 5 years ago

Well to be honest I am agree with everybody. 

I mean if you go in cap3000 or in the wholesale market in Nice there is no risk with the police as carpark are private and the only person who can create you troubles would be the landlord of those places. But obviously as at least 10 parents are doing that every sunday there is no risk at all.

But don't even think about going the road with your kid you would get in serious troubles!!

Good luck then!

Charlie 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Squeaky-882728 - 5 years ago

Lescypres is ABSOLUTELY right.  Don't even think of letting your son go behind the wheel anywhere other than on your own property. Should a gendarme do a drive past and spot you, you don't even want to know about the consequences. He will face the juge d'enfants for conduire sans permis and you as the responsible adult will be prosecuted for allowing him to do so. It's an absolutely crazy idea.

Sorry no image available

This is completely illégal in France. The only place your child can "practice" would be on property you own.

I know this from expensive first hand experience!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dia dhuit - 5 years ago

Tanks Charlie

I meant to say I am staying Near Nice Antibe area