DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Speed Camera Location ?

Posted by Chris - Lyndsay - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

Does anyone know where the new speed cameras are or a web site that lists them.

I know where 2 are on the A8 but have been told there is a third.

I don't want to drive like a loon, but dont want to get done for 53 kph in a 50 while everyone else is doing 90 + either !

C

Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Paul Carmel-190537 - 13 years ago

The first one went up in Ajaccio (Corsica) last week but I heard it fell foul to a "hunting accident"

PC

Sorry no image available
Posted by Ghene - 13 years ago

The speed camera near the airport is on the metallic structure hidden behind the trees, good location to catch those speeding from a distance. I noticed this flash on someone when returning from Nice. On the way to Nice however, I did not notice anything... does anyone knows where it is? How about the one they said on the promenade des anglais? - The Sexy Little Mushroom -

Sorry no image available
Posted by TonyP-191937 - 13 years ago

They take points as well, try reading the thread again, since mike posted a comprehensive table of fines and points, as well giving a lot of advice on what to doTony

Sorry no image available
Posted by carolie-182474 - 13 years ago

yes Tony I have read the thread but it still does not answer the question properly do you just pay a fine or do they want to take points off your licence as well

Regards

Carol

Sorry no image available
Posted by TonyP-191937 - 13 years ago

lob asked the same question a while back in this threadTony

Sorry no image available
Posted by carolie-182474 - 13 years ago

I know this sounds stupid but just got flashed for the first time in the tunnel on A8 on way to monaco was doing around 100km at the time. What happens now so they send me the fine in the post  and I pay it or do they try and take points as well.

Thanks for any advice

Carol

Sorry no image available
Posted by jmcd - 14 years ago

There is a speed camera located in the tunnel de planas direction monaco, there are 3 service openings on the right handside of the tunnel with fire extinguisher signs on them just before the bend in the tunnel, the fourth service opening without a fire sign contains the sneaky camera just on the bend.

Sorry no image available
Posted by TonyP-191937 - 14 years ago

Lets hope they dont fix their digital cameras with duct tape.

I have a PDA running the TomTom navigation software.  This has a (free) add-on that warns whenever you are approaching a selected "point of interest" and it will synchronise the points of interest with a database on the internet.

It seems to have all sorts of speed and traffic light cameras for all of Europe.  It certainly had the cameras that I already knew about. The only drawback is that it doesnt know in which direction the camera is pointing, so it will warn of cameras in the other lane.  It relies on users keeping the database upto date, so it might not have a new camera in the database.

When it gives a camera warning, you can use the GPS speed display to make sure you are just under the limit.  On most cars the speedometer overreads about 5% for legal reasons.

Tony

Sorry no image available
Posted by davidl-181802 - 14 years ago

quote:and I think the UK, work with film

They have been changing them over to digital for a little while now. :(

Sorry no image available
Posted by tkw - 14 years ago

Try this website  http://www.radarsfixes.com/P_dep.asp?dep=6

There are pictures of all the cameras now and it says what speed the cameras are set to trigger at.

Looks like they are putting another new one in on the promenade in the Nice to Cannes direction now..but fortunately it looks like one that flashes from the rear.