Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.


Taxi Licence

Posted by Katherine-186137 - Created: 13 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikeP-180526 - 13 years ago

Also make sure your insurance covers 'for hire and reward' and 'professional purposes'

Sorry no image available
Posted by TonyP-191937 - 13 years ago

Are the clients getting charged directly for the car trip? ie A to B = 15 Eur

Or is it some other activity like they rent an appartment and you pick them up and take them to the appartment and show them round?  In the later case you should be OK if they are charged for a generic service like "Orientation" rather than for the car trip.


Sorry no image available
Posted by yjme-181229 - 13 years ago

You could have a look at this site too.

Sorry no image available
Posted by nice cuppa tee - 13 years ago

If you want to become a taxi-driver and pick people up off the street, you need to pay an enormous sum of money (about €100,000 in Cannes) to your Mairie for a licence. If you wish to take prepaid clients from A to B, you need a different licence which is not so expensive, but there is a fair bit of training and red-tape involved. Again, your Mairie will help.