DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Transit pickup from England to provence

Posted by Craigenty - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by mdcaprino - 14 years ago

If you really would like to know a little bit more scientifically rather than all the guesses you've been getting, go to http://www.viamichelin.com

There you can plan an itinerary and then if you click on "Parameters" you can enter your vehicle's fuel consumption and the price of fuel.  The planner will give you a very good estimate including the price of tolls.

A quick check on the internet revealed that your vehicle gets 9km/litre approx which is about 11litres per 100km.  The price of diesel fuel is approximately .80 euros per litre.

The result I got was 140.24 EUR | Automobile (Tolls):  56.9 EUR | Fuel:  83.34 EUR with the time and distance being: 947 km in 08h12 including 943 km in 08h03 on expressways.

Voila!

DnM

Sorry no image available
Posted by Liz Lord-193061 - 14 years ago

Shanwick

See my posting on 15/02 - might be able to help you with the fridge?? although we will be loaded there might be space .....

Liz & Mel

Sorry no image available
Posted by dublinmike-182617 - 14 years ago

To Nice from Calais costs me roughly E200 (4 tanks) and E120 in tolls in a 3.0 litre Merc. Subtracting Orange -> Nice makes me think 150 diesel and 70 in tolls.

Regards,

Mike

Sorry no image available
Posted by Shanwick - 14 years ago

From the RAC website it's 588 miles and will take you 9h54 minutes.

Probably about £120 in fuel and £80 in tolls but don't quote me on it.

I'd be happy to chip in if you could pick up a fridge from Dover and bring it to the Riviera?