DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Advice on satelite tv needed please

Posted by Kyra-196844 - Created: 13 years ago
0 0

Please could someone advise me of the easiest and cheapest way to get British TV channels here.  I've decided I'd like to have the possibility of watching it after months of french tv but keep hearing different opinions and am now confused, so I would appreciate it if anyone can explain.  Also does anyone know if I need to get permission from the syndicate of my building to put a satelite dish on my terrace?  Thanks in advance

Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by No.6 - 13 years ago

But if you can't already see different satellite dishes strapped to your neighbours' balconies or exterior walls, the bad news is that there may be a clause in your Syndic rules governing your appartment building which prohibits individual private satellite dish installations. Such a clause would have been voted on by the appartment owners at some point in the past.

Instead, there may be a communal satellite dish or cable TV installation with, unfortunately, no choice of provider in this case. I'm not sure that you would have any way around this.

Sorry no image available
Posted by davidl-181802 - 13 years ago

Sisteramanda says it all really. Thats the cheapest way to do it. Plenty of info in this forum on doing it.
***Google is our friend. ***

Sorry no image available
Posted by SisterAmanda - 13 years ago

I'll let everyone else tell you all about sky, but the cheapest option is to get an 80cm dish a standard "free to view" digital receiver. This will get you BBC1 (all regions), BBC2, BBC3, BBC4, Sky News, ITV News, BBC News 24, CNN, Reality TV, and a number of holiday/shopping channels.

You can buy this kind of kit anywhere - my whole system (including cable) cost me around 100 euros.