DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Any chess players out there?

Posted by AlenaLindsay-184315 - Created: 15 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by harvster-181676 - 15 years ago

maybe we could set up a mailing list with us all on, for those that cannot get onto the web to check?

Sorry no image available
Posted by Td-184411 - 15 years ago

HIMissed the last meeting but sounds like fun - are you thinking of having another afternoon soon ??

Sorry no image available
Posted by OK-186520 - 15 years ago

Hi Alena,

I am not a chess player myself, but i notised that there is a chess Club in Antibes on the Albert 1er.

From walking past it everytime i leave my aprtement i noticed that it is actually quiet busy and people like to meet there.

Maybe you can check it out if you live close by.

Wish you good luck.

Best regards,

OK

Sorry no image available
Posted by sunnyw - 15 years ago

hey we had a great timme ,didnt we? amongst nature and people enjoying the picnic ,very happy atmosphere

bit of a scooter ride 4 me ,but worth it and should get some water next time......

new players welcome,its a great way to enjoy the best of sunny France.

c ya

Sorry no image available
Posted by raj-185884 - 15 years ago

Hi

I am based in nice although i have a scooter ,i am not sure about the ways .it will b nice if someone can pick me up for the first time from nice anywhere.You can always contact me on 0661334081,hope that is ok

thanks

Sorry no image available
Posted by AlenaLindsay-184315 - 15 years ago

La Valmasque is good for me. Is it a problem/inconvenience for anyone? Could perhaps pick someone up from the Biot train station if needed and coming from Nice or Cannes,etc. How about this sunday afternoon, around tea-time (4ish) for an hour and a half? Again, families perfectly welcome, and dogs can play in the park also. We can meet at the parking area or can be easily recognized by portable chess sets under arms.

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikeP-180526 - 15 years ago

There are also parks in the Valbonne/Biot area (La Valmasque for example) which may be more convenient for some,  and no parking difficulties either.

Sorry no image available
Posted by raj-185884 - 15 years ago

Hi

perhaps we can meet in the old port near Waynes or on the beach anywhere Promenade etc.sorry cant b much more help !!!

r

Sorry no image available
Posted by harvster-181676 - 15 years ago

I play chess, not very well, but would be keen to join you all. Where and when do you suggest?

Sorry no image available
Posted by AlenaLindsay-184315 - 15 years ago

Thats great- not much of a response yet, but thats okay. I think it would be great for people to bring their children as well, since you can be equally bested by a skilled 8 year old as by an 80 year old. However, does anyone know of a good spot to meet for this? A good park in nice that isnt too crowded, something like that?And then perhaps we can just start meeting on, say, Sunday afternoons and anyone would be welcome to join?-Alena