DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Any Good Gossip?

Posted by scoop-192527 - Created: 16 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 11 to 20)

Sorry no image available
Posted by scoop-192527 - 16 years ago

Hi Cheffie

To answer a couple of your points:-

'' We've all done things that would make good tabloid fodder if only we were famous, rich or in the public eye for some reason.''

:- Quite , the fact is that people who aren't rich/ famous/ in the public eye (the general public) have a fascination with how the 'other half live'. To be fair people who are in the entertainment business and therefore make good 'tabloid fodder' court publicity and pay p.r. people to make sure they do get those column inches. Of course we've ALL done things that'd make the red tops, but they don't because we're not famous (or interesting.) 

""But who cares?''

:- Millions of people care, if these things didn't sell, people wouldn't write them.

''There are more important things in the world.''

:-Yes, there are, but, this is a thread on angloinfo, not a forum on modern theology

......cue....debate on the state of modern society.......

''We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars''

Sorry no image available
Posted by cheffie - 16 years ago

It's the famous Scoop!! I think it's none of yours or anyones business what anyone gets up to. We've all done things that would make good tabloid fodder if only we were famous,rich or in the public eye for some reason. But who cares? There are more important things in the world.

I understand the gossip business is BIG. Don't lower yourself to someone elses standard for a fast buck. Leave people alone! People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by scoop-192527 - 16 years ago

Hi All

Thanks to all those who have, as requested, replied to me via e-mail and not via the forum! To be clear, I'm not necessarily looking for the stories that would involve the law courts if printed, I'm looking for "colour", amusing anecdotes, etc. I'm writing a feature on the South of France and the celebs that live/ have second homes here and what they get up to.

Keep e-mailing:- gossip@popstar.com

Sorry no image available

M

I wouldn't worry about libel actions etc. I don't think anyone would seriously reply to such a question on a forum such as this. "Scoop" seems to have disappeared into the ether.

P.S. Did you know Magic Johnson went to Michaelangelo's for dinner last year? Now there's a SCOOP for you!!!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by MSM2000UK-181816 - 16 years ago

Just out of interest, isnt 'Popstar' a gossip magazine/e-zine? Just wondering because its the email address given by 'scoop' hence people probably out to be careful of what they say.

Would AI be sued if something was said about a particular celebrity on this website by a forum member, which was consequently found to be rubbish?

Just wondering.

M

Sorry no image available
Posted by stgeorge-182529 - 16 years ago

Lady Norah Docker once told me I was an evil , evil man and my dog was even more evil than me ! Does that count ?

stgeorge

Sorry no image available
Posted by Aroncb - 16 years ago

I once saw Prince **** in a ***** doing ****** to Mrs ***** with a jar of ****** and then ***** a goat.

Of course you can't believe all you read on the internet.

Didn't Mr Starr eat my hamster? 

I must say that all the people I have met down here who do work with the rich famous etc etc have had impecable distrection. Until the 5th Pint.

Sorry no image available
Posted by MSM2000UK-181816 - 16 years ago

Not too suprised. Ringo lives in the same block of appartments as I, but hes on the 8th floor and im on the 14th...no more info going to be said!

Sorry no image available

I and many others could tell you tales that would make your knickers twist. Despicable people, nouveau riche, drink, drugs, sexual (mis)behavior, total disregard for themselves and others. But you won't hear it from me. Discretion is part and parcel of the job.

If you want a "scoop" you might need to go somewhere else.

Oh, I did see Ringo Starr walking in the port of Monaco!!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by alx-189416 - 16 years ago

Curiosity killed the cat! simple curiosity or what's it worth?! ;-)