DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Anybody for the Opera or the Theater?

Posted by Lorelei-182614 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by theresponsibleadult-188195 - 14 years ago

Thelma2, Thank you for the information.  I have attended first class theatre productions in London many times, but have only seen live opera once and that was in Dallas. I'm thinking that probably doesn't count as top level stuff. 

Anyone Interested?  Anyway, opera is something I have always wanted to learn about and if the good stuff is available here, then I want to take advantage.  I would like to go.  I don't mind going to something like this by myself, but it is usually nicer to have companionship.  Going out for a drink and/or meal before or after would also be welcome. I think it would be fun to talk about the program afterwards, as long as it is understood that we are not going to be serious.  (Informed, yes; pretentious, no)

Off the leash - and livin' on the French Riviera

Sorry no image available
Posted by thelma2 - 14 years ago

tips for going to the opera in the CDA....

if you want tickets to the nice opera buy a season ticket or forget it....there is a very unusual system operating....last year spent 4 hours awaiting for tickets at the nice opera for a verdi production only to a get another ticket to wait in another line for 2 days...

want to see world class performances...with stars that perform at the Met.....go to  www.opera.mc .....in a few days the link to the monaco e-ticket shop will be open....no mafia rules apply 

in my humble opinion the monaco opera makes the nice opera look like a high school musical...both in the way the ticket sales are managed and lyrical talent...(you might think differently)....

Sorry no image available

As my brother says to me, "Must be the guide dog's day off." 

I'm embarrassed to have missed what was right under my nose - but greatful.  Thanks, Wendy

Sorry no image available
Posted by wendy-179831 - 14 years ago

Local Opera (Nice, Monaco & Toulon) and the bigger concert venues (Nikaia & Zenith) are listed here, with links to their websites (with programmes) where possible. Scroll through the pubs 'till you reach Opera: http://riviera.angloinfo.com/af/194/

Sorry no image available

It always gives me pleasure to share whatever information I may have or be able to find.  Also, I am very appreciative of other people's kindness in sharing information with me.

I wonder if Lorelei kindly invites you to her house for dinner, are you expected to proactively guess where she lives?

Sorry no image available
Posted by Pumuckel - 14 years ago

theresponsibleadult: thxs for these links, very helpful... what would we do without YOU???

Pumuckel

Sorry no image available

I found the TNN program guide for this season:

http://www.nice-coteazur.org/francais/culture/theatre/tdn/2004/programme.html

Sorry no image available

Here's what I've found about Opera in Nice:

Carmina Burana Monumental Opera / Nikaia / 21 Dec / 85.90-36.20 Eur

Barbara Hendricks / Nikaia / 11 Oct / 78.00 - 33.00 Eur

Anyone else interested in ballet?

Romeo et Juliette / Nikaia / 30 Nov / 40.00 - 37.00 Eur

AND...DAVID BOWIE?

Nikaia / 10 Nov / 50.50 - 67.00

Sorry no image available

I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking at, if I'm in the right place, etc.  but for those interested this is what I have managed to find for theatre in Nice so far.

Bonne Fete Paulette / Theatre Du Chat Perche / 11 -27 Sept 14.30 Eur

Ma Femme Est Parfaite / Theatre De La Cite / 25 Sept-12 Oct / 22.40-18.40 Eur

Noelle Perna / Acropolis Salle Apollon / 4 Oct 2003 / 33.40 - 31.40 Eur

Laurent Gerra / Nikaia / 14-15 Nov / 42.00-37.00 Eur

I'm new to France so I would be pleased if anyone can tell me what the TNN is and if you know about memberships.  Thanks

Sorry no image available
Posted by Lorelei-182614 - 14 years ago

Hi all who have answered to my suggestion,

I am sorry but I don't have time to list all programs of both theater and opera.
I am looking for people genuinely interested in these activities and proactive in going to find the information they need themselves.

I already took my minimal membership (5 shows) to the TNN and am going to see my 5 required shows this year at the TNN. We could meet once everybody has got an idea of which shows they want to see and organize our agenda.

Also, I propose to get together for a show and meet afterwards to critic and discuss it. Woud be great I think.

Hope to hear from you

Lorelei

Lorelei