DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Anyone live over my way...?

Posted by Tigger-191229 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

I'm in Le Lavandou. Anyone near here? It would be nice to start making friends in the area, and learning the language and so on. We're both very social and getting a touch of cabin fever coming on.

Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Tigger-191229 - 14 years ago

Cool. Thanks for your mail Aron. All sound like good places. It only takes us about half and hour to get to Port Grimaud. Sounds like a plan. I'll mail you today.Sean.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Aroncb - 14 years ago

Hi,

There are plenty of Brits in Gulf de st trop/Grimaud/Cogolin/Port Grimaud.

Its about 20-30 mins on the costal road from Le Rayol depending if you drive like a native or slower like Micheal Schumacher. 

3 main venues for an evening out. 

1. La Boheme 3 places de six canons, port grimaud, A friendly bar, usually busy around happy hours at 4:00-600 and 9:00 -10:00.  Good sunday lunches.

2. The Lodge - On the road to ST Maxim Opposite POret Grimaud, Live jamming on a friday evening, just turn up and.  Styled similar to a german beer hall with large open fire etc etc.   

3.  Monroes - Traditional english style pub. Don`t frequent myself there too much as I am kept busy in the other 2 :-)  Pool tables, karaoke etc.

4. Utopie - Live music regularily - in Port Cogolin, after La foux round about.  Better for meeting the locals and getting some lingo practice in.

The only upcoming event I know of is La boheme is doing a Vicars & tarts fancy dress evening 9X dressing allowed- apparently) with valetines menu (whatever that is) on 14th Feb.  If you want to hook up give me a shout. 

Sorry no image available

Thanks Mike, it is indeed a very nice part of the world. Shame you don't know it pjd. Never mind.

Sorry no image available
Posted by mike-179830 - 14 years ago

Next door to Hyères. Very pleasant part of the world...**************
Mike

Sorry no image available
Posted by pjd-185342 - 14 years ago

sorry but where's Le Lavandou??????

Sorry no image available

I guess not then. Humph. Oh Well. *sniff*