DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Bad news for Sky Digital viewers outside the UK

Posted by Birddog-184787 - Created: 15 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Old Brit - 15 years ago

quote:At the moment Sky are replacing all viewing cards including free to view cards (BBC) this is being done by postcode.id=quote>I believe you are mistaken. I have two Sky Digiboxes, one with a Sky subscription and one with a FTV card. The Sky card was replaced (see my previous posting). The FTV card has not been replaced and I don't expect it to be, since the BBC is going FTA and ITV may well do so when their contract runs out next year. It would not make commercial sense to issue a FTV card that might not be needed after this year.(If *anyone* has received a replacement FTV card of the new style then I'm wrong. Please speak up).Old Brit

Sorry no image available
Posted by Birddog-184787 - 15 years ago

Hi CornishAt the moment Sky are replacing all viewing cards including free to view cards (BBC) this is being done by postcode.At the moment they are at the IP postcode.The new viewing card is sent to the address that the original card was registered too.As soon as the card has been posted from Sky to that address you get a message on your screen telling you to insert your new viewing card you have 14 days to do this.The card has been programmed to you original card so you just put it in wait 30 seconds and the card will marry itself to your box from this point your old card will not work.What Sky are refusing to do is to pair cards to box's that means manual installation of new cards.If for example the digibox you have now is not the box that the original card was for the new card will say this is the wrong card for this set top box.pjharris@bigfoot.com

Sorry no image available
Posted by CORNISH-181280 - 15 years ago

Please clarify I have a digibox and card given to me by a friend who took this out of his mother's house in UK having previously cancelled Sky,so I use solely for free to air BBC1 etc over here.How will this news effect me and if it does how do I get over this,person concerned in UK no longer lives at registered address?

SIMON

Sorry no image available

Hi GladfinYou may have a faulty card.Problems are occuring with box's under 12 months old and still under contract (Thats box's supplied on the free deal in the UK) Sky are interrogating these box's by call back down the phone line using the telephone number originally used on the contract.pjharris@bigfoot.compjharris@bigfoot.com

Sorry no image available
Posted by gladfin-186024 - 15 years ago

Yes, I have done that and it is OK.  We have four cards between the two countries so I have done quite a bit of checking!  All worked well in the UK.  Did you have no trouble with yours here? Maybe I have a faulty card. J

Sorry no image available

Julia Your new card has the old card number on it check to see if they match.pjharris@bigfoot.compjharris@bigfoot.com

Sorry no image available
Posted by julia w-181424 - 15 years ago

Have just returned from UK with new card.  Followed usual procedure (as in UK last week with other box): inserted as requested, waited but then got message 'unauthorised card'.  Any suggestions apart from taking whole thing back to England?  Have checked that it was the correct replacement card, by the way.

Where are you Steve? 

Sorry no image available

Sorry, it *should* be OK, although I've had a few people complain that they couldn't reach me. Curiously I DID receive an e-mail from Anglo yesterday! So maybe the "bounce" report is spurious.While I'm here, I noticed a lively discussion about Astra 2D and BBC etc. on the following forum:-http://www.the-haunt.co.uk/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=555&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Sorry no image available
Posted by Admin-179828 - 15 years ago

Old Brit: e-Mails to you are bouncing. Please either clear out your inbox (you are over-quota, apparently) or change the e-Mail address in your profile to one that doesn't bounce...-----
Forums Administrator
forums@angloinfo.com

Sorry no image available

We just received the new card at CW.