DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

BBC thinks few in France can see it

Posted by SirLurkalot - Created: 15 years ago
0 0

The BBC is reported to think that the number of people in France who could see its channels after it leaves Sky's encrypted service and moves to Astra 2D is "too small to worry about"

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds10706.html

Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by David_F-180946 - 15 years ago

The phrase "They would also have to move their dish and so losing their normal French channels" is a bit of a give-away - indicates a pretty basic grasp of the situation by the spokeperson.

Sorry no image available
Posted by SirLurkalot - 15 years ago

Oh no! Analysts are pointing out the error of the BBC's ways...

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/030314/12/dvg3g.html

Sorry no image available
Posted by marcandjen-180991 - 15 years ago

I think this is great. I get Astra 2D for free and would love to see BBC there. The BBC is probably right, MORE people will be seeing it on Astra 2D than sky.

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikeP-180526 - 15 years ago

'Too small to worry about' is meaningless,  they have probably deliberately phrased it so.

This could mean anything from 50 to 5 million.  Who knows what they consider worth worrying about?

Sorry no image available
Posted by daserste - 15 years ago

Of course the BBC are going to come out and say just that, little surprise  as they've just raked in £85 million in savings thanks to parting company with Sky.I suspect they're simply squaring up their position in regards to potential future negotiations with film companies & the like and also to try and stymie any hikes in licencing fee's and broadcast rights further down the road,in short i guess you could say they want two bites at the cherry..Good luck to them.