DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Beach Parties?

Posted by Marco1 - Created: 13 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by jjoepage - 13 years ago

Will any of you be heading to the beach party from Valbonne?  I could do with lift.  I am on 0493 420223.  Or e-mail me on jpage@integrityip.com

Sorry no image available
Posted by tuttumunnuepaisi - 13 years ago

I am in ... see you there!

Sorry no image available
Posted by IT_Girl - 13 years ago

Any Beach Party lover interested in a beer at Thor tomorrow evening (Thursday the 23th)?

Sorry no image available

Mumble mumble.... number of people????Perhaps I can accept the challenge.. and I would reply saying the number of people and of nationalities : )Let's say we officially start the competition next saturday and it will be closed at the end of the year.Good luck!PS I will put 4 persons/m² ehehehe

Sorry no image available
Posted by Cantfindmywayhome - 13 years ago

Thanks to IT_Girl for informing me about this Beach Party thread on AngloInfo.  Actually, IT_Girl and I have been in a competition to see who can organise the most number of beach parties this summer.  Right now, she is winning.  So it appears that I am going to lose in terms of number of events, but perhaps I can make up for it in terms of number of people? (a new competitive category that I just made up right now, IT_Girl).  So if you have a good attitude, smile a lot, and love to sing along to good old pluckin' tunes, feel free to join us for the ...

... Last Beach Party of the Summer:

Date: Sunday, 26 September

Time: 16:00 till whenever

Place: Chateau La Napoule, Mandelieu - walk along the little chemin between the sea and the Chateau for no more than 50 metres, and you will find us.

FYI, Chateau La Napoule is a great place for a beach party. It's easy to find, parking is easy, it has a great view on Theoule and the Esterel, and because we are sandwiched between the sea and the Chateau, it is very secluded and there is almost no risk of noise problems or complaints.  Also, if the weather turns out bad, then we can quickly divert to my place and continue the party there, as I live close to La Napoule and have no neighbours nearby.

BYO Everything - the usual beach party stuff - cold drinks and cold food (no fires/bbq's allowed), blankets, torches/flashlights, guitars and all other instruments welcome (mandolins, violins, flutes, banjos and harmonicas especially welcome).

There will already be a few guitars and several wannabe guitarists there(especially me), as this has become a summertime tradition between IT_Girl and myself.  As an extra special bonus, we will also be featuring Rosana, a dear friend and professional Brazilian singer with a voice direct from heaven.  Also featured are Tarot Card reading sessions from Maitre Olivier.  Engage with Olivier only if you are absolutely sure that you want to know what the future holds for you.

I originally pitched this as the last beach party of the summer but hell, with any luck, I just might be wrong.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Storm-189727 - 13 years ago

Lets do it both ways, a pizza and a beer! Anyone interested can come along and then we can use the forum to post plans and ideas.

As long as its not raining via ferrata is great all you round... you get pretty hot! One of the nicest ones in the region is the one in Peille above La Turbie, then there are longer and more dramatic ones for afterwards.

I'm now in Monza for 2 weeks, so may not the coming w'end but the one after we can organise a drink to discuss things or jump straight in to the via ferrata.

Cheers,

Warren

Sorry no image available

Great idea Storm!You are right, sometimes organising on the forum is a little bit hard... but the positive thing is that other people can see it..Anyway, let's get organized!We can meet one evening for a beer (the English way) or a pizza (the Italian way), or both... I personally would love a Via ferrata before the winter comes and if you can be our guide, that's great!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Storm-189727 - 13 years ago

Hi IT-Girl and all...

That sounds great... for the outdoor stuff I'll be glad to help out, I've done most of the via ferrata's and canyons within two hours of here and I'm game for anything else we can think up! I'm still upset I missed Sat nite, and I'm now away for two weeks biz, but when back would be up for whatever is next.

May be its a good idea to all meet up in a more sober environment and discuss who would like to do what and who can help where. (Sounds a little less exciting I know, but we can have some fun afterwards). This forum is great, but its a little long-winded in getting down to the real organisation of things. I think a realistic target of at least one event per month should keep everyone interested and making sure things happen.

What do you all say?

Warren

Sorry no image available

Hello everybody : )Thanks for coming, I had a great time!.. and if you missed it don't worry cause there will be plenty of other parties or activities... via ferrata... raquettes... rollers... moto (?)...pizzas... Keep posted,IT_Girl (Boite à idées)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Jayne-190005 - 13 years ago

I don't think there were even 3 people on "Les Fosses" beach, but there were about 30 of us on "Les Fossettes" beach, 2 beaches within less than 10 mins walking distance with practically the same name causes confusion! So was there another AngloInfo party on the "other beach"?Well, we had a good time and thanks for the idea/organisation and to the musiciens!Cheers, Jayne