DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Book Group

Posted by JacqC - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by agnes-188419 - 14 years ago

I'd be interested in joining too!

Sorry no image available
Posted by JacqC - 14 years ago

Antibes Book Club is meeting on the 17th February at 8pm in La Tour International, next to the Marche Provencal in Place Massena.  The first book is Enduring Love by Ian McEwan.

Please come along whether you love it, hate it, or want to read something else!

Sorry no image available
Posted by nina-II - 14 years ago

I am french and it was NOT the translation!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Cleggan-191703 - 14 years ago

Two Things:

I would really love to be part of a book club in Antibes.  Not fussy about book types, but love to read.

Also, I read The Sexual Life of Catherine M and agree with you wholeheartedly.  However I also have a french french who said the french version was amazing, so I would say it was the translation.

Sorry no image available
Posted by pamcneill - 14 years ago

Possibly.PMcN

Sorry no image available
Posted by sumday - 14 years ago

Hi Jacq

Yes I would be interested.  I have never been in a book club, but I love reading, and I like the idea of discussing books.

I am not suggesting this as a read, but ... I would be REALLY interested to know what anybody else things about "The Sexual Life of Catherine M" by Catherine Millet.  I thought it was like reading a Haynes Car Manual! (that level of excitement anyway), but I have spoken to a French guy who read the original version and thought that it was excellent .. so was it the translation? or was the book just not to my taste?

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikeP-180526 - 14 years ago

Please count me in .... even if James H is in it!!  I'd be very interested.  love books and have a huge collection.

(Private joke - we know each other!!)

Sorry no image available
Posted by jamesh19 - 14 years ago

Seems like a good idea - fun and meet people - I'd be interested, Jacq