DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Christmas Ham??

Posted by drippy-188927 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

Does anyone know where I can buy a good ol' gammon ham (leg of) to bake for Christmas dinner?

The supermarkets here all say they have gammon joints but after trying a few they all just seem to be pork rather than ham.

Any ideas?

Drippy :o)

Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by drippy-188927 - 14 years ago

Thank you everyone - I think I have this sorted!  If not - you may hear the screams!!

Best wishes,

Drippy

Sorry no image available
Posted by stgeorge-182529 - 14 years ago

These hams are normally only available at the Delicatessan that sells charcuterie etc and have to be ordered depending on what weight you want. Between 3 and 5 kilos is the norm. I used to get mine at the shop in Antibes near Maison R.....t !stgeorge

Sorry no image available
Posted by Rouretan - 14 years ago

Give Nathalie of eurobrits a call on 06 22 66 73 60 or mail her on Namorran@aol.com she is also shipping in sherry: yummy yummy!

Sorry no image available
Posted by susiepodd - 14 years ago

drippy

I have just been into Sainsbury and they have run out.  More in tomorrow.  Where do you live?  I leave UK for Nice next Wednesday and well.......................................................

Sorry no image available
Posted by irishman-180738 - 14 years ago

Now that I too have a craving for salty ham, mustard, cloves, brown sugar I've stared hunting. Mmmmmmmmmmmm.

Geoffrey's don't have any and I tried the EuroBrits website - can't find them on there at all.

Jan can you give me the hyperlink to the department within EuroBrits that has gammon/ham?

Thanks

Sorry no image available
Posted by Crystal Balls-184435 - 14 years ago

...and there's geoffrey's in Antibes. - They'll have the best selection.

CB

Sorry no image available
Posted by Jan-181414 - 14 years ago

Try www.eurobrits.com they have them.Jan

Anything for a peaceful life

Sorry no image available
Posted by irishman-180738 - 14 years ago

So you are looking for a cured ham to roast?

I haven't seen any down here - mostly just pork as you say. Time to get a friend to mail some gammon steaks over.