DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Day trip on a boat, any Ideas please?

Posted by Roog - Created: 13 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Roog - 13 years ago

I wanted to replicate what I did in the UK once on the cote, to hire a fishing boat or whatever complete with skipper and go out for about 4 -6 hours (not too fussed about the fishing part). That cost about 300 quid between 10 of us in the UK.

Sorry no image available
Posted by TonyP-191937 - 13 years ago

Remember that if you want to drive a small boat by yourself, you will need a boat licence.

Also, the smaller boats bounce around a lot and might not be suitable for a pregnant woman, or anyone who is sick, lame or weary.

Are you thinking of chartering a motor yacht complete with crew?

Tony

Sorry no image available

OK, thanks for the advice, I'll look into these trips, but ideally I was just looking for a small boat that could take a few of us out on the water and enjoy a few drinks admiring the coastline.Though a trip to St. Trop may be good as I havn't been there yet.Cheers

Sorry no image available
Posted by Linda Caird-193057 - 13 years ago

Re the boat trip to St Tropez, it leaves about 8.30 in the morning and returns late afternoon, I think they stop at one of the Iles de Lerin. As for numbers I have not actually done the trip myself but I guess its a fair size boat holding at least 50. I think all the tourist information offices will have brochures advetising it. friends of ours took the trip and said it was a very nice day.It leaves from the old port of Golf Juan.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Lisa_C - 13 years ago

You can find details and prices about boat trips from the Port of Nice via this link:

http://www.trans-cote-azur.com/ang/prognice.html

best wishes, Lisa

www.allaboutNice.com

Sorry no image available

Could you expand a bit. Is that a return price, how long does the journey take, what sort of boat/trip, how many people are on it? what company runs it?etcThanks

Sorry no image available
Posted by Linda Caird-193057 - 13 years ago

Golf Juan to St Tropez daily trips for 30 euros.