DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Dinner and Quiz evening, Saturday 8th May

Posted by The Forum France - Created: 15 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by JacqC - 15 years ago

Foolishly, I have mislaid my spectacles and think (hope) it was here ! If anyone saw or has come by a black-rimmed, quite thin, lightweight pair of specs - please call me or leave a message at 04 89 73 73 09 - cheers James

Sorry no image available
Posted by Si-180835 - 15 years ago

Another very enjoyable evening on Saturday, thanks to all of you that came along !!

Si

Sorry no image available
Posted by The Forum France - 15 years ago

Unless there are any last minute cancellations, all places have now been taken !

Cheers,
Si & Suzie
www.theforumfrance.com

Sorry no image available
Posted by Si-180835 - 15 years ago

Only three places left for Saturday, so those waiting until the last minute will have to hurry !!

Si

Sorry no image available
Posted by Happy Days-188415 - 15 years ago

Definately coming along again...you have mail ;)

Sorry no image available
Posted by The Forum France - 15 years ago

Just to point out that non alcoholic drinks are available and included in the price as well ;-)

Axel, the gatherings are not aimed at any specific age group as all are welcome. Therefore it tends to vary from event to event.

Generally for the Braseria events I would estimate the range to be 20 something to 50 something if that helps.

Cheers
Si

p.s. Only 10 places left unless we take the outside tables up too.

Sorry no image available
Posted by tunnbrodsrulle - 15 years ago

Thank you for your suggestions. No I am not put off by other people drinking, it is just that I happen to be allergic to alcohol. That is all. Enjoy!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Axel-194808 - 15 years ago

Sounds like fun! I was just wondering what the age range is. Is it all over the map or usually within a certain range? (and if it's the latter, what range would that be).Thanks!Axel

Sorry no image available
Posted by Spidey-189686 - 15 years ago

Tunnbrodsrulle,

As TRA has said, to drink or not to drink is ones own choice, however when it comes to social gatherings arranged on evenings and weekends at either restaurants or pubs then I would suggest that a lot of the attendees will be having a drop or two,  not all of them but certainly a fair amount. The main focus at these social events is to meet new people and just enjoy yourself, if you can enjoy yourself not drinking but don`t mind others around you having a few then don`t be put off by the fact that there is free wine at a forum meal or that TRA`s group generally meet in pubs. You will meet some great people.

There are plenty of other clubs which may be of interest to you aswell but they are generally centred around other activities and it depends on whether these activities suit you. I know there are clubs and groups set up for sailing, hiking, Salsa, drama, singing, speed dating, book clubs etc etc

Certainly worth checking them out, you should be able to find everything out on this very site.

NEVER FAR AWAY

SPIDEY

Sorry no image available
Posted by theresponsibleadult-188195 - 15 years ago

tunnbrodsrulle: Why do you feel that you have to pay for alcohol?

My gatherings are always at places where you are quite welcome to drink plain soft drinks, juice, tea, coffee or even just water. You do not pay anything to attend my gatherings. You only pay individually for what you consume wherever we meet up.

I know that wine is frequently included in Si's dinner/evening prices, but his prices are so fair that even with not consuming alcohol, you will be getting a very good deal.

**Mummy told me once too often that I wasn't setting a good example; now I just strive to be a terrible warning.**