DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Discovery Channel fta on Astra 2

Posted by carrington-181725 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

For those of you that may be interested,it's now possible to pick up the Discovery Channel free to view on Astra 2; (in english)

Frequency is 11876 H , 27,500 ,2/3..

Should work with both your humble old digibox and/or any other digital reciever that's up to it.

Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by rdefla - 14 years ago

I do not have a UK address, can you tell me where I may be able to purchase a digi card?rderde

Sorry no image available
Posted by carrington-181725 - 14 years ago

They zapped it at some point yesterday afternoon.. It was available free to air on any non Sky reciever. The posting wasn't a wind up either.

Sorry no image available
Posted by LaDraille-183995 - 14 years ago

I tried with a few differnt boxes/cards and cannot get it...so maybe it was available for a short period but it is no longer.

Sorry no image available

The channel's still there at any rate..Too bad about not being able to reel it in with the humble old digibox though.. I suspect they're only testing as the audio on it seems to be on the blink. Enjoy it (if you can) whilst it's there anyhow.

Sorry no image available
Posted by ivanfox - 14 years ago

I've just tried to view this channel on a Sky Digibox with card (old freeview one that still works for ch4,ch5 etc) but no luck.  It gave me the standard message for channels that require a subscription.  Interesting that a FTA box can view it though.

Ivan.

Sorry no image available

I can pick the thing up on my fta non Sky reciever without any problems whatsoever..Following that little foray i attempted the same trick,this time with my digibox minus the card and low and behold it failed to do the business,kept on saying insert bleedin card all the time.. So in short, yes if you've a digibox,you'll need any valid card. The channel id by the way is Dis+ ..

It should imho work with one of those new fta air solus cards (the new one's with the house on it) or any bottom of the barrel  Sky package,none of those are applicable to myself so naturally i'm unable to fill you in..

Failing that Old Brit i guess you can always shoot off down to Carrefour,Auchan or whoever else flogs them on the cheap or otherwise and score yourself a new digital fta reciever..They're really quite inexpensive nowadays anyway. Failing that,i've one out in the back shed i'll flog for just € 80..As new and in great nick also by the way..Any takers??

Sorry no image available
Posted by Old Brit - 14 years ago

Would you care to clarify?"Free To View" means that a Sky Digibox and viewing card are required.