DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

DVD rental by post?

Posted by Paul Carmel-190537 - Created: 13 years ago
0 0

Hi,

Has anyone come across any French companys doing this?

Cheers.......PC

Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Nadil - 13 years ago

We are subscribed with Glowria as well since January 2005 and are extremely happy with their service and turnaround time. We only had problems when 'La Post' went on strike - something that is unfortunately beyond the control of Glowria.

Sorry no image available
Posted by vide grenier - 13 years ago

suedarmon:

Are you still happy with glowria after a couple of months? If not, what are the problems? we're thinking of signing up...

Thanks for the input!

Sorry no image available
Posted by suedarmon - 13 years ago

PC -

Signed up for glowria.fr last week.  My husband and I did lots of research before signing up.  This one seemed to be the best (price, list of DVDs etc)  So far we are really pleased with the service - good quality dvds and fast turn-around. 

Sue

Sorry no image available
Posted by Paul Carmel-190537 - 13 years ago

Not all of us live in the centre of Nice!

PC

Sorry no image available
Posted by ally_in_nice - 13 years ago

What is the interest of doing this.  It seems to be 3,50 euros per rental and pray that the post does not lose it.

In central nice you can rent a dvd for 1,50 euros for 6 hours and you get it while you wait.

Lead not follow!

Sorry no image available
Posted by suedarmon - 13 years ago

There are many -

dvdpost.fr (also in english), filmodebit, locafil, dvdfly, cinesnap, sinehome, glowria 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Paul Carmel-190537 - 13 years ago

Thanks for these! I will give it go

Cheers

PC

Sorry no image available
Posted by Miss Varna - 13 years ago

If your French is okay, try www.ciao.fr, a site with customer reviews just about everything - including DVD rentals (see http://www.ciao.fr/Location_DVD_205121_3) www.locafilm.com has the best revies there.

Sorry no image available
Posted by TonyP-191937 - 13 years ago

Try googling "location DVD postale", it returns dozens of hits, including this list of sites in order of popularityTony

Sorry no image available
Posted by calsim8 - 13 years ago

hey paul,

actually thought about starting something up like that myself. and then i remembered that the whole charm of the business was the fact that you receive your new video within a day or two of sending the old one back. i don't think la poste is capable of providing such service. still thinking about it though