DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

English speakers in Vence

Posted by Zingano-186230 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

Hi,Rog and I have just moved to Vence. Is there anyone else in town who's new and/or would like to meet up with us for a beer or three at the weekend? ...Jane

Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Zingano-186230 - 14 years ago

Yes, and for anyone else who's interested, we're meeting at Henry's Bar on Saturday night around 7:30pm.I'll bring a copy of Time Out South of France & put it on the table to help us find each other.See you there!

Sorry no image available
Posted by anthonyb-187880 - 14 years ago

sorry jane for not gettin back sooner but have small prob with e mail,can receive but prob sending.

sat sounds great,same place????just pick a time will be there...

carol and ant

Kind Regards
Anthony Brophy

Sorry no image available
Posted by anthonyb-187880 - 14 years ago

hi there,we have just moved 2 mth ago to vence,and are at a loose end also.we are irish and u know what thet say about the irish lovin there drink.........so would be happy to meet up 4 few beers;Kind Regards
Anthony Brophy

Sorry no image available
Posted by MartinS-188518 - 14 years ago

Hi

There are a few. Now about those beers..WARNING. If you head on down to the Place de Grand Jardin today for the MOYEN PAYS FETE and see a guy who looks a bit like Gandalf from The Lord of the Rings , selling his homemade beers.. dont go near him. He offered us a taste of his Brown Ale Brew yesterday and thats about as much as we remember.

Apparently he has a brewery in the mountains near Auron and is quite proud of his l'eau de source. Top beer though. Beats the pants of anything I have tasted from the big French breweries and will certainly give them Trappist monks something to think about.

Perhaps when the wind has calmed to an agreeable Force 10 you could drop us an email.

Martin and Florence

Sorry no image available
Posted by Zingano-186230 - 14 years ago

Does *anyone* live in Vence?