DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

English TV in France

Posted by angelak-189865 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by mike-179830 - 14 years ago

quote:If you want to watch French terrestrial programmes you'll need a compatible TV

The standard is SECAM, more at http://riviera.angloinfo.com/information/1/palsecam.asp

Sorry no image available
Posted by Old Brit - 14 years ago

If you want to watch French terrestrial programmes you'll need a compatible TV (PAL-G I think it's called). I don't know about the Tv licence. Other questions answered in the free book. Yes, you can download it no matter where you live!OB

Sorry no image available
Posted by Caro-189907 - 14 years ago

Does this apply up and down the coastline - i.e. St Maxime to Cannes - and inland? I have just bought a little place inland from St Aygulf and plan to get a TV when down in October. Am I best to buy a french TV down there or bring one with me - and does it matter either way? Hear conflicting reports. And where do I buy a Licence - how much does it cost please? thanks for any help. Another old Brit!Caro B

Sorry no image available

Sorry, that should read "2 weeks".And you can download a FREE book called "Understanding Sky Digital TV" at the satcure.com web site.

Sorry no image available

If you are happy just to watch BBC programmes then you can buy *any* digital receiver and a suitable dish (50cm, 60cm or 80cm dependent on your exact location - if in doubt get 80cm).If you want to know what's on BBC up to 2 weekd in advance, buy a new or used Sky Digibox.If you want other UK programmes as well as BBC, buy a Sky Digibox and get a viewing card.Also read the discussion "Sky Digital - How to get a free to view card".