DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Evening Dresses /Ball Gowns ?

Posted by Happy Days-188415 - Created: 13 years ago
0 0

Hi,

Does anybody know of a shop in the Cannes to Nice area that sells ball gowns / evening dresses at a reasonable price. Took a stroll down the Rue d'Antibes in Cannes and would have to sell all my other clothes to be able to afford any I saw there.

Any info would be much appreciated

Cheers

Happy Days

Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by snowqueen-191196 - 13 years ago

If Cannes is easier for you, both H&M and Mango have stores on the Rue d'Antibes. Just remembered I have also found nice long dresses in Camaieu (stores in both Niceand Cannes),although latter didn't have anything at film festival time. Could be that Cannes would be a better bet anyhow for evening wear as there are black tie parties being held all year round there at the various Palais de Festivals shindigs, oops I mean conferences.

Good luck 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Miss Varna - 13 years ago

H&M is on Jean Medecin in Nice, further down from Nice Etoile.

There is a Mango-store at Cap 3000.

Sorry no image available
Posted by SJ-190944 - 13 years ago

Where are H&M and Mango?

Sorry no image available
Posted by snowqueen-191196 - 13 years ago

This may not be the right season to look but trendy low-priced shops such as H&M and Mango often have a very good selection of evening wear. I've bought some lovely long evening dresses, skirts and tops from both. Mind you, I've been looking around Cannes film festival and Christmas periodswhen there are lots in all the shops. Otherwise, I'd agree that Galeries Lafayette would be good idea unless you planning a trip to the UK where evening dresses easy to find.

Happy hunting

Sorry no image available
Posted by amj-196349 - 13 years ago

I've seen both sorts in Galeries Lafayette Nice and Cap 3000 but I haven't a clue about prices.

If you've got the time why don't you have one made?