DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Excellent Chinese

Posted by Chatterbox-190278 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

Just back from an evening at the Palais de Grasse, (Chinese, Thailandaise and Vietneminian restaurant) in Plan de Grasse, at the mini roundabout.

Excellent service, freshly cooked and tasty food, nice ambience - highly recommended.

PS how sad - coming home and posting on angloinfo before doing anything else. Oh well - better go, the ironing awaits!!

Sally

Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikeP-180526 - 14 years ago

Based on the replies I've had so far, I thought perhaps 29 November would be a good date.  Anyone interested please email me or post here.

Sorry no image available

Thanks again for organising this.  We enjoyed it and it was great to meet people - we were a bit stuck at the end of the table and didn't get a chance to circulate. I wonder how many would be up for doing it again in a month or so - I'd suggest Le Pigeot in Valbonne - it's an Arabic place, apparently very good (according to a Lebanese colleague) and I'd be happy to check it out. Anyone interested please email me or post here.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Chatterbox-190278 - 14 years ago

Hi,

Just back from a week in the soggy Dordogne to more rain and wind.

I need to confirm numbers for Saturday 8th by Wednesday, so any changes or additions, please let me know.

Sally

Sorry no image available

Sorry There isn't  a Saturday 11th November!!! Alors, 8pm Saturday 8th November 2003 at The Palais de Grasse See you there, if not beforeSally

Sorry no image available

Mike and the rest of those in the Mouans Sartoux area ( and any prepared to travel ),

There seems to be lots of interest in getting together at the Palais de Grasse.

I propose Saturday 11th November (ie after the school holiday - otherwise we can't make it) and have provisionally booked a table for 20 for 8pm.

Our meal (2 starters, 2 main courses, 1 dessert, 2 beers and a coke) came to 48 Euros i.e. I would anticipate approx 25 Euros a head, max 30 Euros.

If you fancy excellent food and brilliant company, please reply here or direct to me by email and keep me up to date on your availability.

Best wishes

Sally

Sorry no image available
Posted by MSM2000UK-181816 - 14 years ago

If you are interested in Oriental food, id urge you to try a restaurant called 'Royal Thai' in Monaco, Rue du Millo.

It is truly wonderful, great service, great prices, and a marvellous hostess.

Max

Sorry no image available

Makes no difference to me.  If it's a 'child' evening we bring our 8 year old with, and if not we have a baby sitter.

Sorry no image available

Mike,

Good idea - before or after the school holidays?

Sally

Sorry no image available

Not sad at all ...... thanks for being so public spirited. 

We are always interested in a decent Chinese and this is just round the corner from us.  How about a group of Plan De Grasse/Mouans Sartoux/Plascassier  'Anglos' meeting up there one evening?