DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Flash mob performance art happening

Posted by leslie-179832 - Created: 16 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by C J Flynn - 16 years ago

Yo legend, you struck an idea. Flash mob war driving, with huge totums of art when a site is found. Usually it is so clandestine. Let's search in a mob, a thousand yagi antennas flashing everywhichway. I can't believe that Sushikan has the only wifi airwaves around. Leslie, hark to legend.Or, is the forum here the mob and we are midst flashing and I missed the cue, ah, queue. Keep us informed leslie. Just make it some time that I ain't traveling.C J

Sorry no image available
Posted by leslie-179832 - 16 years ago

GREAT GUYS....KEEP YOUR E-MAILS ROLLING IN...WERE ON OUR WAY TO A GREAT FLASH-MOB HAPPENING!!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by illywhacker-181711 - 16 years ago

Ah wintermute! You must be what is known as an artificial intelligence.

illywhacker;

Sorry no image available
Posted by mike-179830 - 16 years ago

quote:Forgive my cynicism, but isn't art usually associated with an original concept?

The interpretation of the concept can be enough.

What's an original concept, anyway? Are you suggesting that a world with, say, only one 12-bar blues, one performance of Hamlet or The Rite of Spring, one sonnet or one Madonna and Child would somehow be more artistic than the one we inhabit?

IMO, every time Muddy Waters picks up his red Telecaster there is the real possibility of art being created, even though - conceptually - he is walking a well-trodden path. Ditto when a gang of actors or dancers take the stage, a poet picks up a pen (or word processor...), or a painter a brush.

Also IMO, a lot of complete junk is created by those who believe originality of concept is everything, with quality of execution being somehow only semi-relevant.

Mike

Sorry no image available
Posted by wintermute - 16 years ago

Wonderful, finger on the pulse, as usual.

Forgive my cynicism, but isn't art usually associated with an original concept?

Bleh.

Sorry no image available

Touche ( please read accent!)

Leslie

Everyone- keep your e-mails coming!!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by mike-179830 - 16 years ago

quote:What did you have in mind Leslie?

I think that if she were to reveal that on a public forum then the flash mob might be in danger of losing some of its impact.

quote:Will you take part mike??

I think that if I were to reveal that on a public forum then the flash mob might be in danger of losing some of its impact.

:-)

Sorry no image available
Posted by legend_in_my_lunchtime-182603 - 16 years ago

What anarchy!  What fun!  How could we flash a mob that would enhance the values that AngloInfo has come to offer to the CDA?

What about a few dozen AI'ers turning up to Sushikan and overloading CJ's free WiFi Access Point by logging on to AI and giving our feedback "live"?  Hmmm - I see Leslie is already suggesting "performance art" - so maybe something less techy?  What about .... Gawd!! - this is geting hard - I can only remember a few recent arty/cultural references from AI.. bouncy castles, custard tarts, - geez this is really looking sad.

What did you have in mind Leslie?

Sorry no image available
Posted by Spidey-189686 - 16 years ago

Definately interested, please mail me the details

Never far away

Spidey

Sorry no image available

Will you take part mike??