DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Going out in Nice!

Posted by DTGY - Created: 13 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by rosetta-185721 - 13 years ago

The Hi hotel in Nice are doing some good music nights throughout Oct. Their web site is www.hi-hotel.net - register to get email updates. It's quite an amazing place! They have music there and then afterhours at the Wash in the Port.

Ro

Sorry no image available
Posted by DTGY - 13 years ago

I went to the Sensory yesterday around 8 pm, the new one on the port: really cool music and good value for drinks+assitte indienne, I suggest you to try it for an aperitif (dinner seems expensive to me, but maybe it is worth?)

Any other discovery recently?

Sorry no image available
Posted by Agroinfo - 13 years ago

Hi,Ghost, 3 diable, Zoom are decent disco bars in old town.Bulldog, Thor, Blue Whales, Waynes, usually have good live music (also in old town).le Club, Wash (was dissy club) are ok nite clubs. lots of minimalist pubs in new town...usually in nice these pubs have 'minimal' patrons also.O'Neills is a good for a quiet pint, as is Distilleries.Enjoy

Sorry no image available

There a new (very purple) place just opening in the Port too at 24 Quai Lunel - it's called Sensory - the card says "Sensual Food and Sounds" (??) and it's a Apero, bar and restaurant. They say it's going to open today (Friday) but weren't looking like it this morning when I walked past!

Sorry no image available

Thanks ti Korfi and Rosetta, I'll check both of them!Cheers, D

Sorry no image available

It's called Cotton! Think it still closes at 12.30 though - hasn't been open long enough to get their late license yet. Also, the female DJ was replaced with a guy who wasn't so good (last time I was there anyway). Haven't been there yet, but have heard good things about Le Water Bar - 10 rue de la Loge, and Le Comptoir, tho' a restaurant, has a nice bar and a club called La Suite behind it. Will try and think of more - haven't been out for a while... too busy working!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Korfi - 13 years ago

Hiya D, try Smarties (Cocktail Bar) in Nice (close to the Museum of Contemporay Art) and another bar.... in the old town. called... I forgot.... I am not in Nice at the moment... will check as soon as I get back (next week). It is on the easter rim of le vieux Nice, next door to a 21st century real estate agent and it is called... impossible.. it s on the tip of my tongue.. I am getting old... Cant remember names...Too bad. Will let yxou know when I recall the name of the place. Anyway it's nice. Ciao Ciao and good luck with your search Barbara

Sorry no image available

Sorry, I forgot…I wrote in a lazy moment…I’m 31, I love parting, and I’m looking for two things in Nice: bars (more like the ones in Cannes: steal and plastic vs wood) instead of pubs, and also venues to listen to live music (these can be also pubs), apart from the well known official festivals.I’d appreciate your feedback, thanksD

Sorry no image available
Posted by jay'm - 13 years ago

Depends... how old r u ?jm