DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

How does this work? The Grand fortune on RR.

Posted by me_2003 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by BLUEFIN-193689 - 14 years ago

We used to listen to Riviera Radio at work but have gotten so fed up with the announcements over this RR fortune game and the related songs etc that when it comes on now (and it does so often every day!) we put a tape or CD on.  The build up for this thing is getting really boring...and if you happen to be the lucky 10,650th person don't forget to answer all your phone calls with their catch phrase - yes that is the catch, one slip up and it's all gone! bluefin

Sorry no image available
Posted by legend_in_my_lunchtime-182603 - 14 years ago

Oh my gawd - how excruciating....  I am so glad that I don't have to suffer this pedantic torture any longer.  Purely by chance I found Radio International (100.5 and 100.9).  The music is no great shakes BUT.... they have extended hours of live BBC World Service relay.  This is now on the preset of my car radio where RR used to be.

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikeP-180526 - 14 years ago

That's what I thought,  and I listened again, carefully, and taped it,  and it is definitely OR the last note .....

Sorry no image available
Posted by whatsit-192983 - 14 years ago

on the last note Mike. Surely.

Sorry no image available

Has anyone else noticed that there might be a 'catch' to this?  Listen carefully to the announcement ...... it says : "When you hear the the four songs played one after another or the last note of the last song".

What are the implications of that?

Sorry no image available

OK,  I retract the last remark,  I heard the slick tongued presenter this afternoon saying that the system had been overloaded due to the large number of calls,  but OF COURSE it was 'your fault',  not 'our fault'.  If I was making money from people calling me by mistake I wouldn't complain too loudly.

All this discussion about RR makes me think of Oscar Wilde,  who said :

"There is only one thing worse than being talked about ..... and that is NOT being talked about"

Sorry no image available

Twizzel

Do I detect a note of sarcasm?

Sorry no image available
Posted by Twizzel-185350 - 14 years ago

So many people called yesterday morning when they first gave out the number that the system overloaded and broke.......

Sorry no image available
Posted by gumboot-193095 - 14 years ago

When those 4 songs have played, they will keep everyone waiting until that winning number arrives, and you can bet that a lot of people will call again and again.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Steve R-187639 - 14 years ago

... and another thing!

When they did the 1000 euro giveaway last year the "reglement du jeu" (sure there's probably an accent missing there somewhere so I apologise, Mr Binns, wherever you may be) was on RR's website. I've just had a look and can't find it for this year's competition. Do they need to publish this or, as it's Monaco, is it a law unto itself?