DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Hunt for bookclub

Posted by madhen-199011 - Created: 13 years ago
0 0

We have recently moved to Roquefort Les Pins, and I am looking for a Bookclub - I like all types of books (except romance & westerns!) and would like to eventually be able to read in French - I also have a degree in optimism!  If there are none, does anyone want to join me for books, wine and calories - in any order!

Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by madhen-199011 - 13 years ago

Would anyone else be interested in a Roquefort Les Pins/area group?  My husband and I share a car, and have children to get to bed, so something local would be great!

If I started one, any takers?

Sorry no image available
Posted by JacqC - 13 years ago

Hi there,

You would be more than welcome to join us in Antibes - we're meeting on the 8th December at 8pm.   For seasonal jollity, we're reading Sixty Million Frenchmen Can't Be Wrong by Jean Benoit Nadeau and Julie Barlow

We're a pretty informal group, meeting over a glass of wine once a month.  Tastes are quite varied and we've read quite range of books over the past few months, with some entertaining debates.

Please do come and join us - contact me for details of the venue and/or if you'd like to know more.

Cheers, Jacqueline

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikeP-180526 - 13 years ago

There's a readers' group which meets in Antibes about once a month.  You should be able to find it if you do a 'forum search'.  The next meeting is on 8th. December.

I would be interested in a local group as I try to avoid going to Antibes, Roquefort is closer and far more user-friendly.  If you get something going, please let me know. (I am away for the next 2 weeks)