DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

I've won the lottery...apparently without entering

Posted by Si-180835 - Created: 13 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dhyana-196567 - 13 years ago

They come in f'rom the Ivory Coast' too now ....there's no stopping them.  There must be some idiots out there who fall for it, otherwise why would they persist?

dhyana.

Sorry no image available
Posted by hope-186232 - 13 years ago

Hi,

I won it too, and In the U.K. and Holland apparently - never entered or bought a thing. It's a hoax DON'T send your bank account details or they will deduct what they call a "government withholding tax" and you'll never see any winnings. I even telephoned Spain and asked them to deduct this from my winnings (having opted and crossed the box for "send my winnings by cheque" rather than giving my a/c details) and they replied not possible as these funds have to be paid directly to the government beforehand ha!ha! Up to you now to be stupid / greedy!

These are starting to arrive almost daily on my computer from one country or another - coming in as fast as the "Nigeria" letters - also a hoax to get your money and you don't get their percentage!

yvonne

Sorry no image available
Posted by Si-180835 - 13 years ago

This one was in the letter box though, not my email inbox.

cheeky feckers !!

Sorry no image available
Posted by wkonline - 13 years ago

the spanish lottery letters are a scam..
here's more info:
http://www.sptimes.com/2003/07/18/Northpinellas/Spanish_lottery_scam_.shtml

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikeP-180526 - 13 years ago

Si,

Great news,  I won it too .... even if we have to share the prize, let's go out and spend it .......

Just another of the Nigerian scums' scams.  Report it to the 'abuse' addy of the mail provider (almost certainly Netscape) and to

sugerencias@guardiacivil.es

financiele-expertise@amsterdam.politie.nl