DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Idea for a fantastic day out for all ages

Posted by SLC-196742 - Created: 13 years ago
0 0

Hello,

Parc Phoenix opposite Nice Airport doen't seem to be very well known but is a fantastic day out - or even just to pass a pleasant couple of hours.

Only 2€ for adults, and free for children under 12. Reasonable snack place or lots of picnic tables.

Superb for garden lovers, for walking off a big lunch on a Sunday afternoon, and for keeping kids happy and occupied.

I took four kids yesterday. We were there the whole day. They ran their socks off and absolutely loved the big playground and animals in the big green house. They even loved the musical fountain.

Thoroughly recommended.

SLC

Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Shrek 2-196274 - 13 years ago

there are paths which are flat and it has wheel chair access.

Ample parking nearby in the arenas

Sorry no image available
Posted by nataliesharp2001 - 13 years ago

Hi,

Is it wheelchair friendly or hilly at all?

I would like to take my Nan when she come to visit, but she cannot walk very far?

Thanks

Natalie

Sorry no image available
Posted by SJ-190944 - 13 years ago

Also, no bikes, trikes, scooters, ride-ons, pushalongs, etc.

Sorry no image available
Posted by ruby-197471 - 13 years ago

Remember though it may be a park but NO dogs allowed....also there is a FAB museum just adjacent to it on asiatic arts which is fantastic and worth a visit...very educational for the sprogs and delightful for art lovers

Ruby

Sorry no image available

Well, you were right SLC and thanks for the recommendation.  A friend and I took our kids there today and spent a good 4 hours exploring and playing.  The snack bar was pleasant and good value, it wasn't too crowded and we all really enjoyed it.  We will definitely go again.  Please won't you put up a posting here when you know they are going to be doing a special event.

Sorry no image available
Posted by malena-191350 - 13 years ago

Been there, loved it :)!  But did not find it stroller (pram) friendly.

Malena*

Sorry no image available
Posted by SLC-196742 - 13 years ago

Yes! there are lots of toilets! near the entrance, near the snack bar, inside the green house, and near the playground.

Also, in some school holidays, they have bouncy castles, egg hunts (Easter) pony rides.......absolutely brilliant!

Sorry no image available

Big question - do they have loos (toilets)?  I'm not being funny - some parks, like the Parc Exflora, don't, which makes it a bit awkward taking children.