DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Jazz clubs in Nice?

Posted by gofrance - Created: 15 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by scotsgirl-194444 - 14 years ago

Have to disagree about the Bar de Oiseux (sp?) in Nice. Went there last night and it was awful - smokey, dirty (and not in a good way) the food took an age to come and was inedible, the people who worked there were really rude and the owner was on her own planet and crashed into our table, not once but twice. Spilt some drinks the second time and just wandered off without even an apology! Grrrrr.

Sorry no image available
Posted by nodel-185297 - 15 years ago

Staccato is a jazz club too

Staccato - Nice
4 rue du Pont Vieux
06000 NICE

But you have to check the program before...

Sorry no image available
Posted by rosetta-185721 - 15 years ago

Bar de Oiseaux at 5 rue Saint Vincent in old Nice is great little jazz place. Changes every night, so ring 04 93 80 27 33 for a recording of the program. Book if you want food - not really a place to pop into for a drink - everyone goes around 9 to listen to the music, rather than it being a bar with jazz in the background!

Ro

Sorry no image available
Posted by gofrance - 15 years ago

Yes, I've heard of it. I think the name is Karr something or other. Thanks!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Jelly-193845 - 15 years ago

Yo

Jelly here, I'm returning favour (thanks for help earlier!)

The trendy cafe bar /restaurant has a small live jazz trio on a Thursday/Friday nite (really talented!) Do check they still play. It's on Alphonse Karr and I think the cafe bar is called by the same name!

Good Luck

ps the two guys who own it worked in London for years and are the cool French types!!!  

Jelly