DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

la colombe d'or:- what's it like?

Posted by Europe - Created: 13 years ago
0 0

Hi anyone know what the hotel/ restaurant in St.Paul de Vence is like?- how much are rooms? What are the staff like? Is it really expensive? is the food good? will we see Elton John there if I take me old Mum up there for a weekend?

Thanks!

Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Europe - 13 years ago

Well, I took my Mother there last Thursday and we had a fantastic time and, jokes aside, we saw Elton and Liz Hurley having lunch!! My Mum is such a huge Elton fan and the view from up there was amazing! It's a beautiful place I wholly recommend it and would love to go there in Winter too!

Sorry no image available
Posted by MagnusBruce - 13 years ago

Excellent restaurant, and when I've been there there's been Elton John one time and bono the other.All I can add is that for Sunday lunch you'll probably need to book about 2 weeks in advance for a table.

Sorry no image available
Posted by grahamt-184180 - 13 years ago

Agree with Will06's comments,apart from I prefer to eat on the terrasse in the Summer!!

The house red is perfectly drinkable and I think it's about 14€ a bottle.

I reckon about 70-80€ a head,but if you think that's just over 100GBP for two,and the setting,and indeed all the artwork,it's not bad................

The Hors d'ouevres are one of my favourites......................

Sorry no image available
Posted by will 06 - 13 years ago

Excellent parking.Tables mostly outdoor in the summer.I personally prefer eating inside in the winter with all the fine works of art on view.The garden of course is very picturesque.Normal to reserve as it gets a bit crowded sometimes.

I have always found the service good.Food good and typical provancial style.The decor is what sets it apart from the others.Reasonable value for money.

Well worth a visit unlike some of the tourist/celeb places on Pampalone beach !

Sorry no image available
Posted by Tontopavarotti - 13 years ago

Yes it's fabulous, very expensive though and that was when I went 10 years ago.  Have a look on their webiste but be prepared to shell out big time.  The back garden looks out over the hillsides and is full of wonderful sculptures - all rooms are different and original.

Don;t think you're likely to bump into E J's mum thou.

Enjoy

Tonto Pavarotti

TontoPavarotti