DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Looking for Salsa nights

Posted by BexP - Created: 13 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Sol-192236 - 13 years ago

Hello,

Group of brazilians coming for a weekend in early December (4th) and would like to meet somewhere between Nice and Monaco for some Salsa/Latin dance.

Let us know where so we can all meet up for good fun.

Sol

Sorry no image available
Posted by J-F - 13 years ago

I'm so happy Salsa nights show some interest !!

I'm still ready to organise something nice, fun & enjoyable but the problem is to find a place (café, cocktail bar, restaurant...) which can allow me/us to do it and make noise up to about 2 in the morning !

Any help, suggestions...welcome !

I'm off till Aug 1st and then we'll try our best...

Mobile : 0615335421

Jean-François

Sorry no image available
Posted by gingerjane-195469 - 13 years ago

I would be up for Salsa dancing!  I used to do it about twice a week at uni and absolutely loved it!  I'm in Cannes, but would be happy to go elsewhere if necessary.  Would be pleased to help organise a Salsa evening, it seems like there is quite a bit of interest.  Let do it!

Sorry no image available
Posted by English_girl - 13 years ago

Hi

I'd be on for some Salsa evenings and wouldn't mind helping with the organisation round the Nice area.

EG

Sorry no image available
Posted by Aroncb - 13 years ago

Theres zabatta in Juan les pins that plays that kind of music.  PLenty of dancers, but music isn't consistentlyt pure salsa,,,  goes a little bit lou vega now and again

Sorry no image available
Posted by Linda Caird-193057 - 13 years ago

Hi

Are you going to have another go at setting up Salsa dancing, if so we would be interested if not too far from us, we are in Golfe Juan.

Linda & John

Sorry no image available
Posted by J-F - 13 years ago

Hi everyone,

I tried hard to launch Salsa evenings few months ago, just to have fun, meet new people and of course for dancing but had to give up because of low interest. I'd be ready to try again with some assistance. I've got very good equipement/music for private parties...

Jean-François

Sorry no image available
Posted by BexP - 13 years ago

Hi Marieke

Thanks for all your helpful information.  I will definitely try some of the places you mentioned. Unfortunately, I wont be able to make the Cannes festival but am going to put it in my diary for next year for sure!

Kind Regards

BexP

Sorry no image available
Posted by Marieke-180179 - 13 years ago

Hi

Not to be missed - right NOW: www.festivalsalsacannes.com. Best dancers, classes and shows worldwide, at the Noga Hilton. Till Sunday night.

Have a look elsewhere on this forum - a year ago or so I wrote a long list of recommendations for salsa dancing in the region.
A couple of clubs: in Nice: El Barrio Latino, Le Havane, La Bodeguita; in Villeneuve-Loubet: La Playa; in Biot: La Rueda (Logis de la Brague), Alba Cafe. But there are others...

Have fun!

Cheers,
Marieke

Que viva la vida!