DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Mother and baby group?

Posted by ALo - Created: 14 years ago
0 0

Hello, I just re-located to cagnes sur mer from the Uk with my husband and 10 month old daughter and would love to get to know other mums and babies living locally.

Could somebody recommend any existing groups or would there be interest in kicking one off with coffee and a chat at our place once a week?

Love to hear from you.

Sue

Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by 2004sparkles-193110 - 13 years ago

I now have an arrival date in Cagnes of 28th Sep .. so much to organise I'm not thinking too much about the other end but...will need to get together with some of you to keep my soon to be 3 year old and 10 month old entertained.

AVF and swimming sound fun - anyone fancy linking up???

Sorry no image available
Posted by Lnormandiere - 14 years ago

Hi,

I have 2 littles ones, 19 months and 5 months and have recently given up work to look after them. I live in the port area in Nice and would love to meet up with any other mums locally. I have tried the various groups in Sophia which are great, but currently have no transport, which makes anything outside Nice a bit tricky. Are there any other Nice based mums out there who'd be interested in meeting up?

Look forward to hearing from you,

Louise

Sorry no image available
Posted by Rebecca-185076 - 14 years ago

Hi. I 'organise' a very informal Mother & baby group at my house every Monday morning in Tourrettes sur Loup. Bit of a sing song then a coffee and chat. We'd love you to join us, so if you want to come along, give me a ring on 0493592911. We'll be meeting again next Monday and the following then we'll be 'closed'! until Septmeber.Rebecca

Sorry no image available
Posted by francois92648 - 14 years ago

Hello, I have 2 kids, one is almost 2 years old and the other is 3 years old, are they too old for the swim class?

Let me know.

My email: francois.schultz@randtech.com

cell: 0686389345

Thanks

Francois

Sorry no image available
Posted by ALo - 14 years ago

Hi Claire,

Thank you for your message, I really appreciate the info.

I will call you next week after my in-laws visit as I would love to join the group as soon as possible and get to know local mums and babies.

Sue (and baby Anika)

Sorry no image available
Posted by JJnice - 14 years ago

Hi Sue,

I run Aqua baby classes in English in Juan Les Pins on Sat mornings, if you are interested the next groups are starting on 2nd Aug going through to 6th Sept.  I have room in some of my groups you can call me if you are interested on 04 92 15 00 43 or email shawswimfr@hotmail.com

Jan

Sorry no image available
Posted by mike-179830 - 14 years ago

See, in the AngloFILE:

http://riviera.angloinfo.com/af/156/

Sorry no image available
Posted by CJ-185994 - 14 years ago

Hi Alo

I was in the same position as you when I first arrived and joined the AVF group based in Sophia Antipolis.  They are a multi-nationality group which hold a hugh variety of groups; painting, language courses, dinner/dance, running, but more importantly a Mother and Toddlers group. You have to join the AVF for a year (equivalent of approximately 25 pounds) and then buy your weekly tickets (approximately 2 euros a session).

This group was a life-saver for me and through this have since made a great group of friends (english, irish, french, dutch, etc) and the great thing is all the girls are in the same position as yourself!!  There are sessions on Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings, where you all meet at the hall in Sophia and have a coffee, a sing-song and then out comes the toys.

The AVF is closed for the summer until the beginning of September so you will have to wait until then to contact them.  I am not sure of the telephone number but if you can call me at home I will look it out for you.  In the meantime, we are continuing to meet each week whilst the group is closed for the summer, if you wanted to get to meet some of us sooner.

Look forward to hearing from you.  Tel: 04.92.95.15.59 

Regards
Claire Moroney