DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

MUMS Help with ideas for 10 yrs old birthday party

Posted by Eli-191396 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by SJ-190944 - 14 years ago

Hi Eli,

That is actually a thought - what about the new bowling alley in Antibes?  Not sure if they do that sort of thing, but it might suit.

Sorry no image available
Posted by michael and kate - 14 years ago

What about Laser Quest or Bowling, both available in Cannes La Bocca, but other places as well I'm sure.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Eli-191396 - 14 years ago

Thanks Angela,but my daughter's idea is to have the party out possibly with toys. She accepts the idea that she is a bit older for Quick and stuff but would bargain for something similar.Thanks againEli

Sorry no image available
Posted by Angela-181053 - 14 years ago

Hi There,

Don't go stuck for ideas, depending on what your price range is and what your daughter really wants to get up to. I could do a girly early evening or day party, then she has a sleepover and a movie or get her all glam for a great night out, brings lots of giggles depending on child of course.

let me know if i can be of any help to you, but i do leave for the uk early in dec.

kind regards

Angela

Sorry no image available
Posted by MSM2000UK-181816 - 14 years ago

The posting below is from a lady called Jan on AngloInfo which I have taken off a past post which was about childrens parties.

'Why don't you try a beauty party. My daughter went to one last year when she was 11, she really enjoyed it. All you need to do is hire someone to do makeup ect for a couple of hours. Girls love it.

I think it was Angela who posts on here,that did all the hard work.

Jan

Anything for a peaceful life'

Max

Sorry no image available
Posted by Zeynep-183200 - 14 years ago

"Stars and Bars" is a very popular TGIF-like place on the port of Monaco, where most parents I know prefer for their children's birthdays. It is pretty well-versed in such events and they do quite a lot of things that tickle kids' fancy like face-painting, balloons, your cake of choice, etc. And the menu is very kid-friendly, with all that finger food, cheeseburgers, etc.

"Stars and Bars" is also right next to where Monaco always sets up an attraction on the port in the month of December for Christmas & New Year. Last year, it was a little village set up as a story book, and the year before it was a representation of the town of Bethlehem, complete with castle walls and all :-) I imagine it would be a nice treat for kids to just walk around there for an hour or so before or after the birthday party...

Good luck,

Zeynep

Sorry no image available

Oh ok. Im sure other people will reply to this posting with solutions closer to Antibes, but just in case they dont, ill give you three solutions for Monaco.

1. Stars and Bars (+377 9797 9595). They do a great party which is basically a music/magician/whatever you want done, and party food. The advantage of this place, is that downstairs there is an arcade with plenty of enjoyable and current games, and also as this place is an American restaurant, the food is brilliant with respect that they provide the kind of food the children will definately like -chicken fingers, hamburgers, cheese burgers, fries, and other associated party foods. Id recommend this especially if you have never had a party there. Parking is in a car park very close to Stars and Bars, and parents can drop their children off next to the restaurant too. The view of the port is also a favourite and with this place, the parents can eat on the 1st floor (the restaurant has an arcade and bar area [totally separate] aswell as seating for the restaurant on the Ground floor, restaurant seating and a baby play area on the 1st floor, and the party room on the 2nd floor which is set on a mezzanine floor so you can see inside the room from the 1st floor.

2. Inside the Centre Commercial de Monaco, by Le Metropole hotel (on Avenue des Speluges), on the penultimate floor, in the corner by the lifts, is a party place. I cant remember the name off the top of my head, but it is a disco place which does catering of party foods. It is great fun and a place where the parents can join in. It is very nice place, a tad pricey although I dont know how much the average 10 year olds party costs, but it is well worth it.

3. The Sea Club of Monaco. Set in Le Meridien hotel (Avenue Princesse Grace), is a large room which is usually decorated superbly, catered for very well, and provides a great atmosphere. The room can be decorated in any form desired by the parents however the place is the most expensive of the three.

Anyway, hope this helps and I will get back to you with the name of the place in the Metropole.

Max

Sorry no image available
Posted by Eli-191396 - 14 years ago

I am around Antibes area but can travel as far as Monaco eastbound and Fréjus westboundThanks for your helpEli

Sorry no image available

Im not a mum but do have a 12 yr old sister hence I know a bit about the topic. The first thing I need to know though is where you are actually based? If your based in or around Monaco then I can be of assistance, however if you are located 'further a field' then I will be of no use!.

Let me know where you are based please.

Max