DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

New Year's Eve

Posted by Splodge-191437 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by appnice - 13 years ago

In France the family gathers aound the dining table on Christmas Eve. Most people choose to stay home, but it is definitely not the case on the Saint Sylvestre(=New year Eve) when the French like partying with friends, and also relatives. Many tend to go out for dinner and dance and it is time to make a booking!

Sorry no image available
Posted by design print - 14 years ago

There s a party in golfe Juan at the rios banana with 4 djs and the entrance is 15 euros !!!!

Happy New Year

Sorry no image available
Posted by Aroncb - 14 years ago

For New years I am heading to  Jardin de La mers in Port Grimaud.  Should be a laugh as quite a few of us ex pat types going. 

They are putting on a live DJ for later in the evening and open till early. 

Hope to see a few of u' all there.  If anyone doesn't know where it is give me a shout. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Happy Days-188415 - 14 years ago

Hi Splodge,

I was just wondering where the Brazilian night in Cannes was? And how much?

Cheers

Sorry no image available
Posted by moon-185546 - 14 years ago

Le Pam Pam (brazilian bar at Juan les Pins) is going to make a Tropical Party. 52 euros, 1 drink, stuff to eat, tropical music, beautiful people, brazilian dancers, etc.

137, Bld Wilson. It' s really cool. I'm spending my new years eve there for the last 5 years.  Not bad at all. If you want to make a reservation, call 04 93 61 11 05 and talk to Tiffany in the afternoon (she speaks english). It starts at 11:00pm...

...and goes untill 5 in the morning. If you're a group (4 people), with your drinks tickets, you can get 1 bottle of champ.

Hope to see you there !!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Splodge-191437 - 14 years ago

Thank you for all your replies. We are now booked in for a Brazilian night out with all the razmataz in Cannes, live band etc. Hope you all have a night out wherever you are and all the best for the New Year.

Sorry no image available
Posted by anthonyandcarol - 14 years ago

Si,

sorry off the subject but just to say THANK U for tip,went to-nite and got 12 bags of Tayto....Ummmmmmmmmmmmm

CarolB....

When Irish eyes are smiling...
Carol & Anthony.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Si-180835 - 14 years ago

Rather than organising a specific Forum bash for New Year as originally planned, I am instead listing on http://all.at/the-forum the Venues that I have spoken to who are hosting special evenings on Dec 31st.

More are to come hopefully as I get the information back from them.

Cheers
Si

Sorry no image available
Posted by Splodge-191437 - 14 years ago

Mr D Beckham? I can't believe I've just read 'Mr' before his name! I would never have believed it if I'd not read it myself...sorry whilst I pick myself up. And how about Mrs Beckham? ....but we'll come through, because we believe what is good and true..Things may look hopeless, hold on...

Sorry no image available
Posted by kegan5 - 14 years ago

Hmm I think that everyone should get Elton John and make him do a free gig on the nice promenade for all the lovely ppl in this forum!

And then go get that Kate moss lady to hand out free goodies and erm just to add a little mmmmm have Mr D Beckham stand there in the corner just so I can look at him! Woooh!

Ok maybe not, I like the sound of the skiiing thing though.

Kate