DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Rock singer and musicians wanted.

Posted by Bowen-270679 - Created: 5 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by JustinJ-301470 - 5 years ago

I will be updating our FB page this week and will send you the link with all up and coming dates.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Bowen-270679 - 5 years ago

Hi Justin,

I was going to say "I like your turn of phrase," but I see your comment has been removed. I didn't know that Angloinfo had a system in place where you could remove comments. Anyway, I'm unable to see you this week because I have to be in Monaco but I must come and see you one day. I'm interested in what you do, so please keep me posted.

Rhys

Sorry no image available

Hi Bowen, 

I already spoke to you here but have got sorted with a lot of work up to the beginning of October with an old friend from New Zealand. After that I have bookings as an acoustic duo and full band. and need musicians.

We are playing Ma nolans as a duo tomorrow night in Nice 'old town' ( not the port) and Pompei on sunday full band  from 12 am until 4am....god help us!  If you have time come and have a look. I'm connected here for work and I can sing a bit as well . Might be worth chancing your arm.  and I can work a room better than any singer on the Riviera. come and have a look.

Starts at 10pm tomorrow.

Sorry no image available

No; I haven't found a singer yet. I tried a singer last night but her voice didn't appeal to me.

Sorry no image available
Posted by shiver4b - 5 years ago

Hi Bowen, have you found a singer yet ?

Marco

Sorry no image available
Posted by bassman62-312273 - 5 years ago

Hi, just spotted your post for musicians. i am a bass player living near Menton. i play most styles.rock blues, rock n roll  rhythm and blues, reggae ska etc. i also do sound production, drum programming and midi work. i have transport and the sort of equipment you would expect for what i do. i also some DJ work. You can check me out on my facebook page rhythm and melody.

NICK

Sorry no image available

I will call you this evening. Thanks.

Sorry no image available

Hi Justin,

Sounds good! Call me on 06 81 04 55 33.

Rhys

Sorry no image available

I'm looking for a guitarist for six weeks busking and then maybe longer in a full band capacity.

I have gigged in Nice and surrounding area for 12 years. But after some storming success last year busking I have decided to concentrate on that along with around 40 gigs in pubs etc over the summer.

I am waiting the arrival of my regular guitarist mid June but if you just fancy playing some tunes we need the practice and I need a guitarist in the evenings. We have a rehearsal space as well just outside Menton which is free.

let me know if your interested or if there is anything else I can help with;

Justin.

Sorry no image available

Hi James,

At the end of 2011 I met an English girl who wanted to do songs by Joan Jett and also some Ska. This happened to coincide exactly with what I wanted to do so we found a drummer and a good bass player and in January 2012 we started rehearsing. She turned out to be dynamite so we also did songs by Tina Turner, Shirley Bassey, Brenda Lee etc. and some old R&B and rock'n'roll numbers. Later that year, she went to live in Ireland so after a great deal of searching I found another singer; a girl from Nice. She was great but she didn't get on with the drummer so now we've split up. I have a goal to set up this kind of band. No virtuoso instrumentals (well, maybe one or two just to show that we can play) just songs with a simple melody and a heavy beat; something we can put together quickly, and something that makes people want to get up and dance when we play. I'm determined to succeed on this, so I'm going to keep on trying.

Rhys