DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Romantic hotels in the hills?

Posted by polar bear-196705 - Created: 13 years ago
0 0

can anyone help me with a recommendation of where to take my wife for a romantic w'end - preferably away from the heat and chaos of the coast. Anywhere from Genoa to St Tropez would be perfect. thanks!

Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Liz Lord-193061 - 13 years ago

Why not get up to the Mercantour - where there are no brown bears but wolves allegedly??

Saint Sebastien in Roquebilliere and great grub!

Liz & Mel

Sorry no image available
Posted by polar bear-196705 - 13 years ago

thks for the pointers - i know moustiers very well - stayed once in a beautiful hotel there (not the bastide which looks out of this world) with the most picturesque view imaginable and total tranquility. My wife appreciated it very very much. May well give the Italian place a go - Italian cuisine much more palatable to bears.

Sorry no image available
Posted by mfn - 13 years ago

How about the beautiful Bastide de Moustiere, Alain Ducasse hotel in Moustiers? very special.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Pumuckel - 13 years ago

Do you like Italian wines, excellent wine tastings, beautiful country side, long walks in the mountains, breath-taking views & sunsets, warm Italian welcome, traditional Italian food & hospitality? Then try the Piemonte region, and in particular www.felicin.it - you won't regret it!

Sorry no image available
Posted by polar bear-196705 - 13 years ago

that looks lovely - my wife would love that - unfortunately this bear's pockets aren't deep enough. approximately half as deep. any other recommendations gleefully accepted.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Zeynep-183200 - 13 years ago

www.lemascandille.com

As you reserve the room, don't forget (1) to reserve a table in the gastronomical restaurant overlooking the view, and (2) to make appointments in the Shiseido Spa. (Hints: Your lady friend will be very impressed at how thoughtful you are upon finding out that she has a facial treatment waiting for her :-)

Zeynep