DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

RWC Final Saturday

Posted by JJ-183649 - Created: 15 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by G&J-190839 - 14 years ago

Can anyone tell me WHAT TIME (French time) does the All Blacks match start??????

Sorry no image available
Posted by Tristana - 15 years ago

I'll be in the Blue Lady, (Antibes), next to Geoffrey's (English Food Shop), where it will be full of Brits and Aussies, battling it out in the bar, as well as on the pitch. There was a great atmosphere in there on Sunday, when the bar was exceptionally opened for the game France - England, even better as the bar staff are both English and French. They also serve breakfast and sandwices...

Sorry no image available
Posted by legend_in_my_lunchtime-182603 - 15 years ago

my last sentence is somewhat incomplete.  It should have said something like ;

The bar also gets a LOT more French than Le Gaffe, although good loadings of Kiwis, Oz and Poms <original text snipped, volunatrily replaced by ...> so a great opportunity exists on Thursday to stand side by side with our beloved hosts, to ever so sportingly whistle out the All Blacks' haka, proudly sing the Marseillaise,  and of course, over lunchtime beers, to cry together for the resignation of Laporte when "les bleus" receive their inevitable 2nd thumping of the week.

Sorry no image available
Posted by legend_in_my_lunchtime-182603 - 15 years ago

Well - you have a "bacon and egg atmosphere" offer here for watching the final.

Other than that, "Le Gaffe" is the old standby but as I've experienced 3 rugby world cups in the south of France, I've found lately that "Le Gaffe" has really lost its edge.  I prefer "L'Extreme" just inside the walls facing the Antibes port.  "L'Extreme" is smaller than Le Gaffe but that just makes for an exciting packed atmosphere.  Get there early for a seat in front of 1 of the 2 big screens and you are set. The other nice thing is that the bar is run by mostly French peole, so the rugby final can be watched on neutral ground so to speak.  The bar also gets a LOT more French than Le Gaffe, although good loadings of Kiwis, Oz and Poms.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Theswan-186225 - 15 years ago

La Gaffe in Antibes will be packed with Brits and Aussies and I imagine it will be a brilliant atmosphere there