DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Satelite probs

Posted by Kylie-183302 - Created: 15 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by kas206 - 4 years ago

I posted to warn other brits wanting their beloved sky telly up and running as before.. of this website. the dish we got is a perfectly good 119x110cm dish but it was damaged and is actually the cheaper of the two advertised. Its not a case of being a good deal or anything although I would not pay 300€ for dish like some people have and if one exists for just 25€ I doubt it would be made of steel. If it had the arms and was not bent I would not have complained but I dont think it fair that a web site sales team can send out goods without even protecting them..the signs I should have taken more heed of were the clauses stipulated exhonorating them of any responsibility..had I checked the dish before signing the postmans paper I could have refused delivery and got my money back or a replacement. so just you all know Transpanet.fr dont package their goods well enough and if you dont check the goods you dont have a leg to stand on..also if you buy over the net and you get a delivery no matter what it is..dont be pressured by the postman into signing before you know its all ok.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Rick W - 4 years ago

very observant Cheffie , there must be something wrong there for the thread to surface some 11 years later ! ( not even sure if Anglo-info Riv existed then ! ) , I still stand by my post saying that I'm amazed that JP can / could pick up BBC , ITV etc on a 60cm dish

Sorry no image available
Posted by cheffie - 4 years ago

Look at the dates on the original posting. 2003......

Sorry no image available
Posted by Rick W - 4 years ago

I'm facinated that ' JPMOUGINS' is picking  channels BBC , ITV etc on a 60cm dish , folk who have been fine for years with their 80cm dishes and even 100cm dishes are getting little if not nothing

Sorry no image available
Posted by cheffie - 4 years ago

As I said on another thread, if it is too good to be true, it probably is. 

Sorry no image available

I forgot to say that the dish was not protected in anyway inside the box..the box had been damaged before being tapped up as from the inside there was a big hole and there was some plastic sheet on the bottom that s all to bed it out. so packaged badly anyway and bound to get damaged and I wouldnt be surprised if damaged before transit before final packing. apart from that it is not the same dish ordered!

Sorry no image available

We have been told we need a bigger dish so we ordered one off the net..there are loads for sale at 110cm in the uk and some here in France but to buy one off the shelf impossible.

so we found one reasonably priced on a site called transplanet web add:- www.transplanet.fr 

it seemed reasonable - postage a bit high but we went for it anyway. It had lots of stipulations of sale to read and I was a bit warry and it did say no returns unless package verified before signing. But as par for the course here the post man was in a hurray and I felt I shouldnt delay him so I signed and thought I would verify the inside contents after. It was a huge package..not so heavy as awkward but the box was a bit battered and I should have known better. the dish inside had been dropped by the look of it..being steel I would say quite a hard drop to buckle the outer edge on one side. 

ofcourse you know what I am ging to say...transplanet wont take any responsibility for it as I had already signed and nor will colissimo. so if we send it back for a refund we have to pay the postage which with the postage already paid will cost us the same as a new dish. 

I am sure a trustworthy site would have honoured us a refund regardless of their policy and I am not sure I am not with in my rights as the consumer to demand a full refund but French law is probably very different from the UK even though we are in Europe. On top of all this and as my husband says he can probably knock it back into shape it didnt come as advertised..so one would think one could get a refund for this. i have written an email and as yet no reply. I phoned after the delivery and the man on the phone was shouting at me so I dont want to go down that road again.

So PLEASE BE AWARE IF YOU USE THIS SITE TO BUY A DISH 1. IT MAY NOT BE AS ADVERTISED (CAME WITHOUT THE ARMS TO HOLD THE LNB ARM, NOR ANY HOLES TO ATTACH THEM IF YOU HAD THEM) 2. THE SAV IS NOT GOOD. 3. IF YOU REALLY HAVE TO USE THEM CHECK THE PACKAGE NO MATTER HOW INCONVIENIENT IT IS FOR THE POSTMAN BEFORE YOU SIGN ANYTHING. 4. WHEN I GOT THE BILL IT STATED THAT ANY REDELIVERY WOULD INCURR A 15€ COST EACH TIME - thank good ness I was in!

Sorry no image available
Posted by james.cook - 15 years ago

Ok, so I don't know what I'm doing!? I'm not trying to sell anyone anything, just giving good advice. When you have installed several hundred dishes, you do get to know these things! I'll keep out of this now, and best of luck tuning a 60cm dish. I would spend 25 euros and buy a big dish though!

Sorry no image available
Posted by JPMougins - 15 years ago

Hi Kylie, I use a 60 cm dish for my system and I have no problems with any of the BBC channels.  It just needs to be carefully aligned.  I have also helped several other people recently to re-align their existing 60 cm dishes.
Generally, it is not necessary to upgrade to larger dishes, this just benefits people who happen to be selling large dishes.  Email me if you need a hand.

Sorry no image available
Posted by james.cook - 15 years ago

You cannot pick up the BBC on a 60cm dish - end of story! The minimum is 80 cm, and only one that is tuned using a meter. The only meter that will really do the job is a Lacuna meter (used by Sky) - they cost just under 300 pounds. I don't know who fitted you dish, but a bit of research would have shown it was not upto the job. Astra actually recommend a 1.2 metre dish for this area. Sorry!!