DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Sky Box Not Working

Posted by t-stag-180429 - Created: 13 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by t-stag-180429 - 13 years ago

Update. New box bought on eBay for £77 plus £20 p&p. Telephoned Sky and paired my existing card with box. No problems and can watch the rugby again. Much, much cheaper than some local offers!Steve

Sorry no image available
Posted by simonwynne - 13 years ago

Hi.

Asume that u have to purchase new there is a small shop that sells sat recivers on the ave d californie near Laval..... both darty and carrefour antibes have euro digi boxes...

also check cable connexions partic the coax to the Lnb may just need re-inserting, careful with those naf type connectors.

bon chance

Simon Templer

Sorry no image available
Posted by davidl-181802 - 13 years ago

"Can get new box from eBay but apparently viewing card has to be paired with box! "

Only for premium channels i.e film and sports channels.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Rouretan - 13 years ago

You could try running a hairdryer over the vents.

Sometimes turning off electronic appliances causes the solder to harden and you loose the contact; heating up the connections sometimes is enough to get it going again.

I kept an old Philips analogue box going like that for over two years.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Rouretan - 13 years ago

You could try running a hairdryer over the vents.

Sometimes turning off electronic appliances causes the solder to harden and you loose the contact; heating up the connections sometimes is enough to get it going again.

I kept an old Philips analogue box going like that for over two years.

Sorry no image available

Thanks for info, had already found satcure site. Also useful is http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/index.php

Steve

Sorry no image available
Posted by Humptydingo-180377 - 13 years ago

You could also look at www.satcure.co.uk/digirep.htm and see if you can solve your problem with their advice.

Sorry no image available

if you do get another box off e-bay then just phone Sky and give them the number of your new box - found under Services -System Setup - System Details.  Best phone from UK if you going back soon.

Sorry no image available

Yes tuned into channel which then freezes then switches off.  This happened a few times but now only get red light.  Advised that box is dead probably tuner module.

Can get new box from eBay but apparently viewing card has to be paired with box!  So investigating this now.

Steve

Sorry no image available

When it switches off after 15 minutes - are you tuned into a channel or on the menu or what ?