DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Sky plus

Posted by rosetta-185721 - Created: 13 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by rosetta-185721 - 13 years ago

For anyone else looking for sky + or a normal sky installation, I just got mine set up by Audio Visual Services - they are listed in the classified section or phone Sascha on 06 21 33 02 15. He installed my dish on a very wobbly roof in Nice Old Town, switched my LNB to a dual model and provided a Sky + box and got it registered the same day. Made a very good job of concealing the cables and was very quick and reasonable. Came round last week to look, and back this Tuesday with the box - did the installation and it was all working that evening. Recommend him very highly!

ro

Sorry no image available
Posted by rosetta-185721 - 13 years ago

Thanks - I already have Sky, but wanted Sky plus - will call some of the suppliers and see if they have sky + boxes - any recomendations from anyone who has done this would be appreciated.

Ro

Sorry no image available
Posted by davidl-181802 - 13 years ago

Sky plus will,be the same as setting up a normal sky system here except that your LNB must have at least 2 outputs as you require 2 independant feeds to the sky+ box. You will need a contract with sky - various prices apply depending on what package you go for. The recording part requires £10 per month (which is waived if you have certain premium channels etc). Make sure you can give them an address in the UK, and make sure you don't have a subsidised box as they may require it to be plugged into a telephone line for a year.

Possibly the best route would be to buy a sky + box from ebay and get it installed - plenty of installers advertising in the anlofile section of this website.