DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Sometimes

Posted by martinb-185976 - Created: 14 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by martinb-185976 - 14 years ago

Lekker zooitje dit Forum, niet erg logisch, hoe de follow-up is geregeld. Mijn antwoorden slaan helemaal nergens op als je ze zo leest. Maar goed mijn tel. nummer staat erop.

Groet

Martin.

Sorry no image available

Inderdaad, ik ben niet vaak in die omgeving maar ik bel zeker mocht dit wel zo zijn.

Als je zelf eens hier in de buurt bent, bel maar 04.94.56.81.80

Groet

Martin.

Sorry no image available
Posted by islandofsand - 14 years ago

Please ignore the last babble about August - it was supposed to be "availability in Autumn" and advice about cheap car hire from Nice for ronof9

All the best

Sorry no image available
Posted by islandofsand - 14 years ago

We just found a very cheap method of car hire from Nice Airport previously un-used www.sixti.de (english website) offering smartcardeals - that for us were cheaper than any others we had found (£9 per day) .

Also if you need somewhere to stay in August we have an apartment overlooking the River Giscle next to the (very safe) small beach in Port Grimaud www.islandofsand.com availablilty currently in August

regards

Sorry no image available

The worst but thanks

Sorry no image available

OK, biertje drinken is voor Kooistra jongens, geloof ik. Zie NOVA.

Nee, ik ben nooit in jouw buurt. Ik moet rijden,,,,baby.....jammer,

Bel maar

Martin

Sorry no image available
Posted by Cannesofworms - 14 years ago

Hi Ron,

There are some great bars in Cannes and Antibes, it depends on what your brother is looking for. Morrisons Irish bar in Cannes is always very friendly and has a great atmosphere, there are some other Irish/English pubs which are worth checking out: The station/ the quays/ O`neills. If he wants something a bit more funky then there are a lot of bars for him to try: Farafala, Tantra, The loft, Cat corner etc for these type of bars look at www.worldsbestbars.com

I can`t help with the toyshop request I`m afraid but with regards to your holiday, I would say that Antibes is as good a place as any. It is fairly central so you can drive or hop on a train either way up or down the coast to Cannes, Nice Monaco etc and Antibes has lots to offer itself for the family (restaurants, shops, the Port, waterparks, sealife centre etc)

All the best

Cannes of worms

Sorry no image available
Posted by ronof9 - 14 years ago

re:- "You could try Monroes in Port Grimaud"

Thanks for the advice

How far away from Le Cannet is it and How Much a 'Pint' is it ?

Cheers, Ron.

Sorry no image available
Posted by appnice - 14 years ago

You could try Monroes in Port Grimaud.

Sorry no image available
Posted by ronof9 - 14 years ago

Hi, I'm after some advice on 1) Bars around Cannes/Antibes, 2) Best Resort for a young family, and  3) Toyshops near Le Cannet

If you can recommend any good bars, my brother will be working in Cannes (Le Cannet) this weekend.

I'm hoping he can bring me back a Berchet 'Tonic' tricycle for my little girl (not available here in the UK) anyone know any toyshops (apart from Carrefour Antibes) nearest to the 'Holiday Inn' on Boulevard Carnot ?

I am thinking of having a weeks holiday in France in autumn - Me, Wife and 2 year old (this month) daughter, and would appreciate some advice. Which area (flying into Nice) would anyone recommend that would be best suited for a family with a two year old ?

Any pointers as to 1 week rental accomodation much appreciated.

Cheers, Ron